Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Austin
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just a quick one before our game tonight. Can you spawn multiple (normal) Maniacs in this game? I don't have the card to hand but I'm sure I've recently read something that says you can have only 1 running around the house at a time.... - Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It says on the card doesn't it ? I thought it was only 1 at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Austin
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Umm.. Not sure. If so, I missed that when I played the same mission last week,,,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kaercher
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamehearted wrote:
I thought it was only 1 at a time.
Correct. The card lets you summon a Maniac if there currently isn't one in play, or lets you heal one and move it anywhere on the map if there is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
The keeper action Maniac Attack cannot create a new Maniac unless there are currently no Maniacs on the board, which effectively limits you to one Maniac at a time.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Clue 1A when found creates a new, named Maniac regardless of whether one already exists, which can make you end up with two Maniacs at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
The keeper action Maniac Attack cannot create a new Maniac unless there are currently no Maniacs on the board, which effectively limits you to one Maniac at a time.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Clue 1A when found creates a new, named Maniac regardless of whether one already exists, which can make you end up with two Maniacs at once.

I have played that scenario 4 times and having only 2 maniac figures in the game significantly reduces the 'randomness' of the monster draw. I know the minis are expensive to produce, but why didn't they just make more counters to slot into them? An expansion idea I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The real question is can you as a Keeper, come up with nice flavorful rationalizations as to why there may be more than one axe wielding maniac?
Doing these kinds of things is half the fun for me; but then, I'm old hat at being a gamemaster and really enjoy it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike The Bike
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
I´ve played this scenario once as a sologame (as a test) and yesterday with my friends. They had two investigators each.

Read the http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/725604/story-explanation-fal... yesterday and it seems like you can have two maniacs on the board at the same time.

Funny thing about the maniac is that even though he is carrying an axe, sometimes he tries to bite or do anything but use the axe, according to the Combatcards. Seems a little stupid in my opinion but I guess thats just one flaw in the game.

Quote from the Story Explanation - Fall of House Lynch:
The possessed Walter stopped going to work. His partner sent several people to investigate, but they never returned. Instead they were either killed or also ended up possessed by the spirit [these are the other maniacs ] it’s possible to have 2 on the board at once in this scenario.]

I didnt use two maniacs at the same time since I wanted to give the players a fair chance in their first scenario. Big failure for me. They overrun the maniac and those poor zombies and it all ended up in a big WTF-experience with the house falling apart in to the ground. They hated that ending since there was nothing they could do cause of the eventcard. Sorry for the OT....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Skogh
Sweden
flag msg tools
Yepp you are right Mike!
:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide