United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
... plus a little description of your deck's strategy!

With the upcoming release of PT3 (Spoilers here: http://level99games.tumblr.com/), constructed play is going to take on a whole new turn soon. What constructed decks are you playing, and how do they work?

Constructed rules are here, for the uninitiated: http://www.lvl99games.com/games/pixeltactics/downloads/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still haven't played constructed. I want to play PT2 a bit more before jumping into constructed, and I've only gotten 1 game in so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have a hypothetical list ready to post in the next few days. I'm interested to see what kinds of deck "archetypes" are possible in this game; i.e. "attack efficient fighters" vs "damage distributors" vs "shields and ranged" etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
The cool thing is that just about every leader is its own Archetype, so you typically have to build the same pool of 20 heroes with the understanding that they're going to need to be shared by 5 different archetypes of deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I was going to put together a constructed deck right now, I would probably go with something along the lines of Rukyuk, Tatsumi, Kallistar, Lixis, and Luc, and then use mostly cards from PT 1. Of course, I don't know if there were any changes made to them with the reprint that would change my mind, but I'm just basing that off of my copy of Pixel Tactics with the change to Magdelina (which I am aware of) in mind.

Also, in the rules you linked, it says 25 heroes, not 20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd Crosby
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gencon 2014 is coming up and I'm looking forward to the Pixel Tactics tournament on Friday afternoon. With the new rules on how to make your own 30 cards deck I was wondering what 5 leaders players are considering adding.

A good friend and I built competition decks and have NO CROSSOVER in our 5 leaders. I think this speaks to how strong this game is and all of the options you have to design a deck to your play style.

So here we go to tip my hand for my Gencon deck. I will use the generic card name and not the leader name so that it is relevant for both decks.

Assasin - "Your opponent's heroes die immediately when they have lethal damage on them. (do not wait until wave ends to check casualties).
I love the idea of dealing damage and having it resolve immediately. This can open up key holes in the opposition's unit for me to exploit.

Pyromancer – "This leader's attack is ranged. When you are first player, heroes in this unit have +3 strength. Otherwise they take 1 less damage from attacks"
This is a great combination of powers to help deal damage and stay alive.

Scientist – "You have three actions per wave"
an extra action each wave, more attacks, restructures and card draw every wave.

Alchemist - "All opposing heroes take 1 damage at the end of each wave (before casualties are checked).
3 damage per round should get rid of a lot of tech heroes.

Priestess - "At the end of each complete round, add a 'level marker' to this card. All heroes in this unit have +2 attack strength for each 'level marker' on this card.

+2 strength for all hero’s each round seems like a game changer. It helps melee and ranged attacks and does not reset like other leaders.

This deck opens up holes for direct attacks on the opposition leader and should win quickly.

What are your plans for Gencon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magdalina was changed. If I remember correctly, she now only gives +1 to attack strength per round, and doesn't get a bonus from the ceasefire round. She may still be worth playing, but before she was stupidly strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd Crosby
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have there been errata posted? I have not seen anything on Magdalina.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure where the changes are posted, but there were a few changes with the newer printings of Pixel Tactics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.