Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am close to pulling the trigger on getting this game, however I am wondering if it is worth owning if most of my plays will be with 3 players?
We will play as a family sometimes but I play a lot of games with my 2 older kids (11 and 8).

Any shared thoughts/experiences have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Will

PS - If not does anyone know a good trading game to play with 3?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote yes. Most of my plays have been with three and I've enjoyed them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Snow
United States
Millcreek
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
University of Utah - Go Utes!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played many three-player games of Colosseum and I think it works very well with three. I think four is the sweet spot but three is great fun as well and I would put it only slightly behind a four-player experience. I prefer a three-player game to a five-player game (although I think this game scales well and I always enjoy it no matter the number; my wife and I have even played a two-player variant that is not bad). The main difference I see with the trading is simply that you have more available tiles to potentially seek in a trade with four people vs. three; more options for working out a deal. But the actual trading itself does not feel much different and is a lot of fun. I usually play with a house rule in the trading. The rules have you taking turns proposing trades, but we usually just sort of have a free-for-all. But trading under the standard rules works well too.

Colosseum is one of my family's favorite games. It is a beautiful production, has lots of replayability, has a great theme, and is just plain fun. I would go ahead and pull the trigger. Great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I just went ahead and got a copy for what seems to be a pretty good price since the box was damaged.
I can't wait to play this one with my family.

Cheers,
Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjørnar Løseth
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a very good game. Good for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Alsea
OR
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Splattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played with 3-5 players, and it's fine with all intended numbers of players. It can be played with 2, but doesn't work so well. (Hence the listing of 3-5 players.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Fitz
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes

Thumb up