Barmace Drachewolf
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
We have multiple people that own Pathfinders the Card Game and we Skype (BTW it works great)

1 person set up the entire game the rest have just the locations and the avatar card of all the players. When we explore that 1 person plays the card and the rest can look in their box for the card to refer to it. If boon they take it from their box and add it to their deck. If Bane they fight it.

We play that you can only play with 1 class no one can have the same class

We also play as if there is only 1 box meaning that if I pull out an boon and someone has it already and there is only 1 in the box it has to be replaced.

----------------------

What are you thoughts on this? Can we play the game as if we have mutiples of a Boon?

Do you recommend playing with the same character?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds fun! I definitely think you follow the spirit of the game by only allowing one of each class. As long as you stay vigilant about not having more than the intended number of any given card in your game, I don't see a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The person with the 'control' box should set aside claimed boons (including what each player started with) and put them back if a player banishes during the game or tosses after the game. That would keep the numbers down and prevent everyone from having a Holy Candle eventually (for example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barmace Drachewolf
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
thanks Thronknor for your input I think that is best....it sometime feels playing Lini there are not alot of spells for me.

I built it this way

4 cures
2 inflicts
2 dogs
1 crow
4 blessings
2 items (I am not at home but 2 books) 1 +d4 against villians and 1 book banish to aquire a boon.

we are on scenario 3 of skinsaw murders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kratz
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Augury and Detect Magic are also good for divine casters. You may also be able to find a copy or two of Holy Light to replace those Inflicts. 4 Cures is too many, to be frank.

Remember that there are a load of spells that both Arcane and Divine casters can use and recharge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Crago
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like a good way to play

I agree with Jason that 4 Cures is too many. I use 2 myself and have been fine with that. I can usually use one to pull the other out of the discard when needed. Now that I have +1 Wisdom after Perils and plan to take another +1 after the next adventure in Burnt Offerings that should be even less of an issue.

Augury is a great spell. I wasn't sure how much I'd like it when we started, but brought it along and find it quite useful. I also have Detect Magic, which definitely can help as well.

I've definitely been trying to find some Holy Light to replace my Inflict spells.

I've started tracking my Lini's changes on my Item for Geeklist "Sky's 2014 10X10 Game Challenge" if you wanted to check out where she is currently for comparison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you all have the cards, I'd highly suggest playing the fan-made mod on OCTGN. It's sort of a virtual card table. I've scanned all my cards and replaced the proxy holders the mod uses (for copyright purposes, of course), and you can all connect to the same game and move the cards around. It's pretty neat. It has quite a few things automated, like rolling dice, closing locations, and probably the biggest: building locations! Highly recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls