Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks as though Lock 'n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad is out on PC tomorrow. Very little noise though. Is it really happening? I will buy it in a flash.

Where are all the previews, demo's, AAR's, etc? I found a couple in obscure places, but not sufficient to suggest a launch tomorrow...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DK Kemler
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's supposed to be out tomorrow.
Matrix usually releases around 10 am EST.... usually... sometimes later in the day.

I've been beta testing and it great fun to play. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks DK.

That is one of the two obscure videos I managed to find!

Pewpew did a great job back in April 2013, but it's February 2014!

Where are the updated gameplay videos?

Don't get me started about those three tiny things on the homepage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Transgender pride | Unconditional love, pride, and support | LGBTQ Ally | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Barthheart wrote:
It's supposed to be out tomorrow.
Matrix usually releases around 10 am EST.... usually... sometimes later in the day.

I've been beta testing and it great fun to play. cool
This is good to hear. I'll have a week to play on my Bootcamp partition before Shining Rock releases the stunning sandbox game, Banished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea I have been a little concerned if it is still to be released tomorrow to since it has been very quiet here and on the lock n load facebook page. Like what they have been doing for heroes of the Pacific (and that doesn't even have a release date yet)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was posted today at Matrix Games:

Quote:
Hi guys,

The battle will begin tomorrow, never fear. We are just doing the final store checks now in preparation for tomorrow's release. There is a lot more promotion in the works and we've cleared the decks for a couple of weeks after Lock 'n Load's release so that we can focus on getting the word out.

Regards,

- Erik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
I love what I saw last week. Being to play just like LNL or abandon all the textual updates and just play the game.
Hidden movement is scary as all get out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really great news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's available now! Go get it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Maciw
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got it and played my first (learning) scenario.
Initial impressions
- Follows the rules well
- Nice board and counter graphics that exactly match the boardgame
- Slight clunky interface, scrolling and zooming
- As someone else said ... scary having the enemy units initially hidden.
- Good on-line full colour manuals (one for on-line and one printable version)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it have a good AI?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Lawrence Hung wrote:
Does it have a good AI?
I'll be playing ASAP. I saw the AI do a pretty good job. They made one or two little errors, that seasoned players might not make... but a win is a win!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Talbot
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
Does it have a good AI?

AI seemed pretty good.

Keith T

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Maciw
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
Does it have a good AI?
My small scenario had the Russians defending with me attacking so it was difficult to judge, but seemed ok. It fired back, close assaulted me when I took a building and opportunity fired at appropriate times.
I'm not sure all scenarios have AI, as some say 'Multiplayer' next to them. Not had time to investigate yet ... PC has been taken over for 'League of Legends' by my teenage son!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maciwt wrote:
Lawrence Hung wrote:
Does it have a good AI?
My small scenario had the Russians defending with me attacking so it was difficult to judge, but seemed ok. It fired back, close assaulted me when I took a building and opportunity fired at appropriate times.
I'm not sure all scenarios have AI, as some say 'Multiplayer' next to them. Not had time to investigate yet ... PC has been taken over for 'League of Legends' by my teenage son!

Scenarios marked "Multiplayer" are setup to play across the 'net with another player. While you can start them to play against the AI they will not work well at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hurrah! I am downloading right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Maciw
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barthheart wrote:

Scenarios marked "Multiplayer" are setup to play across the 'net with another player. While you can start them to play against the AI they will not work well at all.
Thanks, it sounds like they might be right at my level then
One thing I didn't mention in my initial comments is that the game also has an easy mode that gives certain die roll modifiers and more game turns to make it easier for the player if required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Played through tutorials and scenario 1 from the German campaign.

EXCELLENT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the Ambush scenario and had a couple of odd things happen. I played as the Partisans. the German sd 222 fired multiple times during a turn but not all during its impulse. I always thought that units that can fire multiple times had to do all the attacks during their current impulse (as i had clarified on these forums sometime ago). But just about ever turn the armored car would attack a hex with its to hit and MG then be marked with a fire marker, then once I took an impulse it attack again for its second attack. I found this out the hard way, as the sd 222 had fired i then attempted to close assault it but then it op fired on me. Have the rules been changed for this in the online version?

The other thing was I fired on a stack of 2 German squads both moral of 5. They had to take a damage check of 4, the first rolled a 1 (passing) and failed to spawn a hero, the second rolled a 5 but the computer said it passed when it should have been shaken since its total damage check was 4 more than is moral. Anyway the game was fun but just wasn't too sure about how the multi firing units are treated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark, do you have a save of just before the morale check on the two units? Is it a repeatable error? There should be some auto saves....

The 222 can fire it's main cannon in different impulses. It must fires it's MG at the same target as the main gun. If it fires it's main gun twice in the same impulse it must be at the same target. This is the same as the board game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Tanguay
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From page 19 of the v3.1 rules:

If “N x” precedes the HE Equivalent, “N” is the number of times the vehicle/Weapon Team or helicopter’s main ordnance can fire in its impulse.

Page 20:

Unless otherwise noted, a vehicle (or helicopter) equipped with a machine gun(s) must fire its machine gun(s) and its main gun in the same impulse

Page 27:

A helicopter must fire all its weapons in the same impulse

All this implies that all the weapons of a vehicle must be fired in the same impulse, including multiple firing ones. Even more so, there is no way to track if a vehicle has fired once or twice. As soon as it fires, it is marked fired and can't fire again in the turn, which prevent you from firing in more then one impulse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All of that implies, to me, is that helicopters must fire all their weapons.

Regardless, since the PC can keep track of what has been done for us my guess is that Mark allows this in the PC version.

He as also added Flanking Fire to the PC game but not the board game as it's too fiddly to track in the board game. There are also hidden units. So there are differences between the two versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Tanguay
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is my understanding

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barthheart wrote:
Mark, do you have a save of just before the morale check on the two units? Is it a repeatable error? There should be some auto saves....

I went back and had a look but the auto save was in the last turn so well after. This was the only instance of this occurring that I have caught. But I did notice something when playing another scenario (the one where the Partisans have to stop the German trucks exiting the board) can’t remember the name of it. I first noticed it when the computer asked me if I wanted to conduct an Op fire attack on a few occasions, but the LOS line went through the artwork of a building. So I then checked the LOS of a couple of attacks that I conducted where the LOS went through some blocking terrain artwork, which the computer allowed me to conducts 2 of these attacks. I also checked some attacks that the enemy did on me that I thought were questionable and discovered that these too were blocked. I took some screen shots of the LOS issues but when checking the folder that they are meant to be saved to they could not be found.

I will play this scenario again and see if these issues present themselves again (this is the only scenario that it has been very obvious in that I have played) and hopefully get some save shots to post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |