Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been discussed in some of the painting threads that the original figures were made of a plastic that is not conducive to painting. This is the case with mine as well. No matter how many clear coats are put on, a few days later, the figures get tacky and shiny again. This is not an issue with the figures from the Hero Pack 1 expansion (which I painted at the exact same time with the same paint).

My question is:
If I purchase a set of original hero figures, will they be made of the updated plastic, or the old plastic. I'm willing to repaint them all again to solve this issue (and even pay out of pocket to do it), but I don't want to have the same problem the second time around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Johnson
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
happyjosiah wrote:
It's been discussed in some of the painting threads that the original figures were made of a plastic that is not conducive to painting. This is the case with mine as well. No matter how many clear coats are put on, a few days later, the figures get tacky and shiny again. This is not an issue with the figures from the Hero Pack 1 expansion (which I painted at the exact same time with the same paint).

My question is:
If I purchase a set of original hero figures, will they be made of the updated plastic, or the old plastic. I'm willing to repaint them all again to solve this issue (and even pay out of pocket to do it), but I don't want to have the same problem the second time around.

I did this exact thing because I also had a case of the "Sticky Icky"
When I did my original figures, I had neglected to pre-soak them so I thought that may have been part of the problem.

Anyway, I bought replacements and started repainting with some trepidation but everything went well. In fact probably a year later with the new minis and no issues at all. Sucked having to rebuy and repaint but it always bugged me and now I can focus on the game and the fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls