Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Sigh.
badge
Yawn.
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume that if a single tree or two appears on a hex, that is just an artistic flourish -- the hex is not considered to be a forest hex and has no impact on LOS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JE SUIS VENU. J'AI VU. JE SUIS PARTI.
msg tools
badge
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - I think I remembered to write it somewhere in the playbook (but dont have a reference at the moment).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Watson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Sigh.
badge
Yawn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Runolfsson
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The door is a jar.
mbmbmbmbmb
brian asklev aursen wrote:
Yes - I think I remembered to write it somewhere in the playbook (but dont have a reference at the moment).
You did I can't remember where but pretty sure you said less than 3 trees should be ignored. FWIW yes it does make the map look nicer but for my money nothing should never be on a wargame map that does not mean something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I normally agree with you Lance, but in this case I think it works very well as the wood hexes are filled with trees in the entire hex while the other hexes only have 1-3 trees in them.

I have seen many maps where it was constantly hard to tell the terrain type, and Knut and I were determined that this not be the case with NGBG (and SIA), despite our wish to have the map look as good and natural as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two hundred and fifty years later, these trees will have grown and will block LOS in WW II tactical games. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls