Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got two Brit subs in the search box along with the Argentine Carrier TF. One of my subs gets a "1" and detects. Do both of my subs get to take a shot at the TF?

What if there were 2 subs vs. both the carrier and surface Argentine TF' in the box. Are both the surface TF's detected with one success? If so, are shots taken by the detecting sub against both TF's, do both subs get to attack (only one detected), or is it a random pull of the TF's?

I couldn't find any reference on this in the rules or FAQ. If I missed it, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaz Man
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1/for subs in 13.5 it says. "For each 1 that is rolled, one Argentine Submarine has been detected. For each 1 rolled, place a detected Argentine Submarine and a detecting British Submarine on the Combat Display (your choice as to which". So I think they same applies to the task force. So I think only one sub gets a shot

That's how I played it

2/ "Unrotated British Submarines in a Contested Box with Argentine Task Groups may now attempt detection. Make one roll for each sub (in this case, 1d4, 1d6, or 1d8 depending on the Naval Patrol Box being Contested), choosing in advance of the roll which Task Group each Submarine will attempt to detect. As usual, a roll of 1 means a detection. Detected Argentine Task Group Counters are placed on the Combat Display as normal. "

No. Only one as only one success

That's my read

I know where you coming from why wouldn't they radio each other. But the subs were under radio silence I believe

Now that wasnt the case with the surface fleet though

Good question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
badge
In honour of the brave crew of Hr.Ms. Java 27-02-1942 † Battle of the Java Sea
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the rules on page 30 (13.6)

You get one detection roll per sub and you need to declare the target before you roll the dice.

So as I read it you cannot share the detection between the subs. If you roll only one 1 for detection only 1 sub engages and it will only engage the target you declared before the roll.

As this is in the search box you will probably also need to pass a Rules of Engagement roll (1d10 needs to be lower then the current SitRep number) before you can fire at the surface group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaz Man
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember too that you can focus the two subs detection on 1 target

See example in 13.6. Ie to give yourself better odds on one target
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I think I played it correctly. I only did one roll for the sub that detected them. They missed but it sent the Argentine carrier fleet scurrying back home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.