Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Cain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huzzah! Blackguard will be oh so much fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope Blackguard will be seen in the competitive scene, but either way I'm gonna play it because it's awesome. I also have highly devious uses for that 2 delicious MU.

And GRNDL is my favorite ID ever and is going to make my T&B deck insanely rich.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope blackguard WONT be seen in the competitive scene, because it removes decisions from the game. It removes a major decision from playing corp: when to rez your ice, thus reducing the skill in the game.

Removing interesting decisions form the game is BAD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Twentier
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
I tend to agree with you on the fact that removing decisions is bad, but it does change how the corp has to play ice, in addition to how it rezzes it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Larner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Alexfrog wrote:
I really hope blackguard WONT be seen in the competitive scene, because it removes decisions from the game. It removes a major decision from playing corp: when to rez your ice, thus reducing the skill in the game.

Isn't this a bit like saying that Account Siphon is bad, because having no money severely restricts the corp's decision-making, which reduces the skill in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
Alexfrog wrote:

It doesn't remove the decision, it changes it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Australia
Newcastle
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jadiel wrote:
Alexfrog wrote:

Isn't this a bit like saying that Account Siphon is bad, because having no money severely restricts the corp's decision-making, which reduces the skill in the game?

Particularly considering AS and Blackguard fulfill similar roles; econ denial for Corp.

I'm looking forward to a Blackguard-expose denial deck. Had an all-out expose archetype built since Cyber Exodus that's finally going to fully mature...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hraklea wrote:
Alexfrog wrote:

How so? If exposed and you have the credits available, you MUST rez it. There is no decision there.

Satellite Uplink suddenly becomes really nasty...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Meng
msg tools
MavericK96 wrote:
Hraklea wrote:
Alexfrog wrote:

How so? If exposed and you have the credits available, you MUST rez it. There is no decision there.

If you don't install it, it can't be exposed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
MavericK96 wrote:
Hraklea wrote:

The decision moves upstream. It becomes, "should I even install this, knowing that it may get exposed and force me to rez it?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gum
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blackguard forces to Corp to rez any installed card that gets exposed, if able, not just ice. It's definitely a beast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
badalchemist
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo, I see that scumbag CSI is already selling pre-orders on Amazon for above MSRP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trekkienz wrote:
MavericK96 wrote:
Hraklea wrote:
Alexfrog wrote:

If you don't install it, it can't be exposed.

It also can't protect you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jadiel wrote:
Alexfrog wrote:

There can be a lot of skill in defending against Siphons successfully, or having a SanSan in play to rez and take yuorself to low money to deny them their gain.

The corp makes a lot of interesting decisions regarding how to deal with siphon.

I dont think that will be the case with Blackguard, especially as youll probably play out a variety of ice before the blackguard comes down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the very worst we can splash old 1-influence Zaibatsu Loyalty to give us our decisions again.

Or we can try to get ourselves financially well off so that we can afford whatever's exposed by the time the runner can afford the Blackguard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Cain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's also not forget that it costs 11 credits and will be a significant hit to a fast start that we are used to seeing criminals play. Rush decks will do well against that and it will shift a lot of play. I'm excited to see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Australia
Newcastle
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Christkid5 wrote:
Let's also not forget that it costs 11 credits and will be a significant hit to a fast start that we are used to seeing criminals play. Rush decks will do well against that and it will shift a lot of play. I'm excited to see it.

This.

Without any other help an opening-hand Kati will have the most of the creds by Turn 4. While straight click-for-creds would get you to the required amount by Turn 2, Kati's allowing you to preform other actions, and you're not necessarily broke after the install.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Caban
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
badalchemist wrote:
Woo, I see that scumbag CSI is already selling pre-orders on Amazon for above MSRP.

Also seems like that are selling preorders on their actual site for 33% off MSRP...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kennedy
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Azeltir wrote:
At the very worst we can splash old 1-influence Zaibatsu Loyalty to give us our decisions again.

Or we can try to get ourselves financially well off so that we can afford whatever's exposed by the time the runner can afford the Blackguard.

Pro card is pro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Steiger
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:

It's an 11-cost, played in lieu of probably the strongest (maybe 2nd-strongest, next to AS) economy card criminals have. Simply playing it is an interesting decision. It represents a fundamental shift in criminal play style to the long game, where they've traditionally been weakest.

If it does see competitive play, it'll make for a very different environment than the one we're used to. But not necessarily a bad one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Christkid5 wrote:
Let's also not forget that it costs 11 credits and will be a significant hit to a fast start that we are used to seeing criminals play.

Yes.

Blackguard is almost definitely not good. People are getting way ahead of themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton R.
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
Alexfrog wrote:

Desperado is still so much overpowered that i don't even worry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
MavericK96 wrote:

So does Zaibatsu Loyalty and Invasion of Privacy.

And don't forget we don't know the entire pack yet. Maybe there's a counter against Blackguard in Fear and Loathing or Double Time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
Jadiel wrote:
Alexfrog wrote:

There can be a lot of skill in defending against Siphons successfully, or having a SanSan in play to rez and take yuorself to low money to deny them their gain.

The corp makes a lot of interesting decisions regarding how to deal with siphon.

I dont think that will be the case with Blackguard, especially as youll probably play out a variety of ice before the blackguard comes down.

I expect it'll be pretty easy to spot a blackguard deck coming. It's not exactly a subtle strategy. You either need a ton of expose, or a ton of creds to pop out blackguard, or a ton of strange cheating out cards like Eureka and motivaiton or workshop or whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |