Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Cuba Libre» Forums » Rules

Subject: Why does the government not loose control on pg. 12 in the playbook? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently working my way through my first "game" of Cuba Libre by means of recreating the playbook situation. So far the game looks _very_ interesting and the playbook is absolutely helpful.

Now, on page 12 in the playbook M26 places two Guerrillas and removes one police cube. At the end of this move there are:

5 gov Army cubes
1 gov police cube
1 gov base
---
===

AND

2 M26 Guerrilla
4 DR Guerrilla
1 DR Base
---
===

in the hex. Hence, the government no longer has more pieces than all other groups combined in the hex and should therefor loose its control over Las Villas, yet this is not displayed in the accompanying graphic, nor is it in the following graphic.

I check the FAQ document and this "error" is not listed in the FAQs, so I am wondering whether I am playing something wrong here or whether there really is a mistake in the rulebook which just has not been reported or documented yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reggie Pack
United States
Salt Lake
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Why does the government does not loose control on pg. 12 in the playbook?
If you suspect that there's a mistake after a little bit of investigation then you're probably right, because there are a lot of mistakes. Don't get me wrong, it's very well done but there's quite a few editing problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Here's the current errata for Cuba Libre, but this isn't in there. I looked over that part of the playbook and it does look like you are right. Fire off an email to GMT with what you've written up there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Blink
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko will eventually reply and, once validated, add it to the errata.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! Sorry for the delay! I have added this erratum to the Errata thread here on BGG, which is much easier for me to update than what is hosted on GMT's website. Thanks for the catch! Best regards, Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls