Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amo .
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
Several times I had players thinking giving bonuses to yourself is overpowered; perhaps to balance this out we could have an impeachment.

Scenario:
Player 1 and 2 both have energy companies
Player 1 is elected President and selects the card to divide $15 to energy businesses
Player 1 screws player 2 out of the $15 to give the entire cash to himself.

My idea is that Player 2 could ask other players to contribute $X to do an impeachment. It requires a majority of players in the game to undertake the Impeachment.

If the impeachment is successful, he is stripped of President and goes to the one who had the second most campaign contributions, or if there is a tie the last President decides. The President Elect loses his Presidental Privelege card.

An impeachment process can be countered by the President elect (Player 1) if he beats the contribution of $X (obviously its going to cost him more than $15).

If the impeachment fails, the President elect gets to keep the $15

Or maybe there's a better way to do an impeachment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So say you are playing a 6 player game. The other 5 people would each contribute $5, for example, and then the president would have to pay $25 or else lose the presidency and you'd give it to the 2nd place candidate? Would the impeached president still get to choose the laws, or would everything pass to the new president?

IMO, this isn't really necessary. People should expect that the prez may give himself the entire bailout. And if he does, don't make any deals with him the rest of the game. But, if you want to try it out, this seems like a reasonable approach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nothing Sacred Games
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I've often had people ask about rules for impeachment (or really, more often for assassinations...), but I haven't ever spent much time or energy experimenting with them. A system like you suggest might work. If you test it, please share your experience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls