Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
blacktowers smog
msg tools
Hi guys, i need help with this. Iam not sure if I
play it right.
1) When 4 players are in game then monster surge
is 2 (reference card). So it mean, that i have to spawn 2
monsters for each gate which corresponding with omen?
( for example, 2 gates corresponding then i have to spawn 4 monsters), is it right?

2) When is Gate spawn, then i have to spawn monster for that gate. I am not sure if I have to place that monster on a place with Gate (ignoring his spawning effect), or is that monster spawned on the place which is corresponding with his spawning effect?

Thanky you and sorry for my english language.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Correct

2. When you spawn a monster, it goes into its location unless it has a spawn effect. That takes precedence over the current location. So if you spawn a gate in Arkham, you draw a monster to place and if it says "Spawns in the Amazon" you place the monster in the Amazon and that counts as the gate's monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
Oops! I had been spawning monsters from every gate during a monster surge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Boomsma
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
Coren wrote:
1. Correct

2. When you spawn a monster, it goes into its location unless it has a spawn effect. That takes precedence over the current location. So if you spawn a gate in Arkham, you draw a monster to place and if it says "Spawns in the Amazon" you place the monster in the Amazon and that counts as the gate's monster.

Does the spawn rule also apply when you start the game? Because then you can have a gate with nothing on it from the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alucardu wrote:

Does the spawn rule also apply when you start the game? Because then you can have a gate with nothing on it from the start.
Yes. There is always that possibility. The Spawn effect on a monster is always triggered whenever such a monster is Spawned, however it is Spawned, unless a game effect says otherwise (and I can't think of any that do say otherwise off the top of my head).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
badge
"The thing's hollow .. it goes on forever .. and .. oh my God! ... it's full of stars!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Something about being ambushed springs to mind?

I think if a monster ambushes you, you ignore it's spawn effect if it has one, and have to fight there & then!

Walts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ambushing monsters never spawn - they appear, fight you, and then disappear. So yeah, spawn effects don't happen. (Ambush, point 1, reference guide p.2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorlab wrote:
Something about being ambushed springs to mind?

I think if a monster ambushes you, you ignore it's spawn effect if it has one, and have to fight there & then!

Walts
Ah, but then does the keyword "Spawned" get used? FFG did try to be very specfic with the meaning and usage of keywords. Ambush is Ambush (and involves no Spawn) whilst Spawn is Spawn. Spawn effects are only triggered on Spawning. (I have a vague recollection that there's at least one Encounter where this gets screwed up, but that's the nature of the beast)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls