Popular Tags: [View All]
darksurtur
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I finally received a response to my multiple requests for a refund, the first of which I made shortly after Rik announced he would be willing to provide them for unsatisfied customers. The message only makes me more dubious about the outcomes here, but some people might find it informative.

Quote:
Hi there,

At the moment, we are unable to help you with this but we are very close to a production date and from there you will receive your rewards for pledging.

We have had some delays that are outside of our control but we are confident that we are going to get it finished.

Best Regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:
Today I finally received a response to my multiple requests for a refund, the first of which I made shortly after Rik announced he would be willing to provide them for unsatisfied customers. The message only makes me more dubious about the outcomes here, but some people might find it informative.

Quote:
Hi there,

At the moment, we are unable to help you with this but we are very close to a production date and from there you will receive your rewards for pledging.

We have had some delays that are outside of our control but we are confident that we are going to get it finished.

Best Regards
I don't get it. He offered refunds publicly but then privately tells backers they can't have one? How is that even remotely a wise plan?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Sellers
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Try again later!
mbmbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:

Quote:
Hi there,

Best Regards

Part of me simply suspects that all of the updates, few as they have been, are more or less an attempt to prevent us, as backers, from starting a class action lawsuit against them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
darksurtur wrote:

Quote:
Hi there,

Best Regards

It would appear from this link that Radiant Darkstar no longer has the ability to conduct business in Texas.

https://mycpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/servlet/cpa.app.coa.CoaGet...

One has to wonder how he is "...confident that we are going to get it finished" when it looks like the company can't legally operate in the state.

IMHO

Maybe they're doing the work in a large RV and will just switch states? Yeah I got nothin', including it seems this game that I backed. And I thought this was more likely to be released than Up Front. (insert sad face here)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
flag msg tools
badge
The spinal cord of JFK Wrapped in Marilyn Monroe's negligee. I give to you"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not receiving any communication for a refund.
Really bummed with the lack of communication.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Franke
United States
Elkton
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
siljanus wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
darksurtur wrote:

Quote:
Hi there,

Best Regards

It would appear from this link that Radiant Darkstar no longer has the ability to conduct business in Texas.

https://mycpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/servlet/cpa.app.coa.CoaGet...

One has to wonder how he is "...confident that we are going to get it finished" when it looks like the company can't legally operate in the state.

IMHO

Maybe they're doing the work in a large RV and will just switch states? Yeah I got nothin', including it seems this game that I backed. And I thought this was more likely to be released than Up Front. (insert sad face here)
Actually if you read all the information they do have the right to conduct business in Texas and a phone call confirmed this.
Not saying this will help them but I want people to have the right information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:

Quote:
Hi there,

Best Regards
So what does "very close" mean, given that we're 2+ months on from this message he sent and still have no production date?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
darksurtur wrote:

Quote:
Hi there,

Best Regards
So what does "very close" mean, given that we're 2+ months on from this message he sent and still have no production date?

You'd probably have to ask the Texas Supreme Court and then possibly Judge Tillery also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kraling
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So irritated.....

I want my money back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
darksurtur wrote:

Quote:
Hi there,

Best Regards
... any update?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew White
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any news? this is getting ridiculous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There will probably not be any news until the lawsuit is over. The news is not likely to be good as even if VRE "wins" the costs associated with the lawsuit will eat up any funding for the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls