Robert Searing
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Get cool game inserts at www.inserthere.me
mbmbmbmbmb
Repost, with permission, to show off some foam core inserts I've made.

For those that don't know me, I'm Rob Searing with The Dice Tower. I'm more of a "behind the scenes" guy that's responsible for maintaining Tom's website (updating it with daily reviews, episodes, top 10 lists and daily content). I also have designed many of the art pieces seen on the site (the DT Designs logo, the DT Seal of Excellence and Approval logos along with stuff like the annual awards logos.

Well, being a board game enthusiast myself, I've often been riddled with ways to store pieces once they've all been punched out. Well after much research I stumbled upon foam core and have been fairly successful with it. I'd like to share some of my designs with you (below). If you have any questions / thoughts about them feel free to post here or message me privately.

Enjoy!
Rob Searing
The Dice Tower

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe marty
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I was just using Plano storage boxes but I really like this method. I might have to try this out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Haney
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Top notch work! Any chance we could get you to post measurements/steps you took to make these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Searing
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad,

Thank you for the kind words. Most of the time, well all of the time, I make these up as I go along. I take a group of pieces and "box them in" using walls - and just grow from there.

Having said that, I will (over time) build up a schematics book for all of my games. I did it for one and it was a pain in the butt to put together. We'll see.

Again - thank you so much!
Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve de Winter
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic. My inserts are functional yet not near as clean. I need to get all my minis in one box. We'll see how that goes. Once again nice job, I'm inspired!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Brown
Canada
Qu├ębec
QC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was inspired by your design and motivated by my box that wouldn't close all the way. I was still using the white storage box that came with the game, and I was slowly losing my mind.

I added a lid to the removable tray to prevent smaller pieces to fly everywhere during transport. Here's what my version looks like:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Searing
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VERY NICE! I hadn't thought about lids. I'm very impressed with what you put together and thanks for sharing!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Phelps
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I really like your design, can you please tell me what kind of foam you used and how you affixed the various panels? Also, do you have measurements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls