Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Ok.
Well better late than never.
This game for me was always a thorn as I could not get past the deck churn process and the typical 'chaos' issue that others have raised. But more importantly I felt that the game was ok with small #'s of units but pointless in larger battles.

After 4 games face to face this weekend I recant.

What a splendid game. I had so much fun. I let my self be talked into playing in the Game On! Con small tournament where you were required to play 3 games. I figured - 'hey I'll just do the one and see what all the fuss is and hope to have a good time, then get back to my scheduled games.'

Well I wont bore you with details but 4 games later I was regretting having sold off my entire set!

Hand management as it pertains to Victory Conditions, timing and the status of your teams is critical. No wonder you churn!!!

Having 4 different opponents who all were very helpful, answering questions and giving advice where it was not detrimental to their own success was also an eye opener.

Excellent job on the games, the tournament style play and the inherent fun of this game.

I'll have a full AAR up on my blog - www.bigboardgaming.com soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmed Hadzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally!!!

And the whole set is just fresh of the printers, just sayin'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I knew CC was the game for me from Event #1, I can so relate to that same excitement of discovery. One of the many things that makes this hobby (and game) so cool. Welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hand management as it pertains to Victory Conditions, timing and the status of your teams is critical. No wonder you churn!!!

I can relate that. Nonetheless, the hand management still plays me, not vice versa for me. And I am usually bossy when I come to wargaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls