Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Chaos in the Old World» Forums » General

Subject: Nurgle: Third dial turn for upgrade, reasoning? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Olsen
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has there been any discussion on why Nurgle's first upgrade comes on the third dial turn instead of the second?

The only idea our regular gaming group has is that Nurgle is in position in the first turn to get three DACs considering all the populous regions are adjacent. Granted this also means Nurgle has to spend all six power on Cultists and none of them are lost to battle.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
His track is longer, so the extra spaces have to go somewhere I guess... In any case, he has some pretty strong upgrades (namely Provender of Ruin).

In the expansion, some groups have house-ruled away some of the spaces on his dial, as he is the weakest faction and dial victory remains out of reach for him.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
malklavious wrote:
Has there been any discussion on why Nurgle's first upgrade comes on the third dial turn instead of the second?

The only idea our regular gaming group has is that Nurgle is in position in the first turn to get three DACs considering all the populous regions are adjacent. Granted this also means Nurgle has to spend all six power on Cultists and none of them are lost to battle.

Provender of Ruin is probably it. That would be gross if Nurgle could get it turn 2.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piter Machado
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hoobajoo wrote:
malklavious wrote:
Has there been any discussion on why Nurgle's first upgrade comes on the third dial turn instead of the second?

The only idea our regular gaming group has is that Nurgle is in position in the first turn to get three DACs considering all the populous regions are adjacent. Granted this also means Nurgle has to spend all six power on Cultists and none of them are lost to battle.

Provender of Ruin is probably it. That would be gross if Nurgle could get it turn 2.

Why is that? I don't see why it would be gross. Nurgle wouldn't benefit from it until later in the game, when ruinations start happening...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Olsen
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pitersm wrote:
hoobajoo wrote:
malklavious wrote:
Has there been any discussion on why Nurgle's first upgrade comes on the third dial turn instead of the second?

The only idea our regular gaming group has is that Nurgle is in position in the first turn to get three DACs considering all the populous regions are adjacent. Granted this also means Nurgle has to spend all six power on Cultists and none of them are lost to battle.

Provender of Ruin is probably it. That would be gross if Nurgle could get it turn 2.

Why is that? I don't see why it would be gross. Nurgle wouldn't benefit from it until later in the game, when ruinations start happening...

We usually start to get ruinations in turn 3 unless the players are spread out and not ruining together. There have been a couple games when a region pops in turn 2!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
malklavious wrote:
pitersm wrote:
hoobajoo wrote:
malklavious wrote:
Has there been any discussion on why Nurgle's first upgrade comes on the third dial turn instead of the second?

Provender of Ruin is probably it. That would be gross if Nurgle could get it turn 2.

Why is that? I don't see why it would be gross. Nurgle wouldn't benefit from it until later in the game, when ruinations start happening...

We usually start to get ruinations in turn 3 unless the players are spread out and not ruining together. There have been a couple games when a region pops in turn 2!

This. The last game where I played Nurgle, two regions popped in turn 3 before I had a chance to get Provender cry

Made it a lot less of a no-brainer to pick my first Upgrade.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asdrubael Vect
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nurgle depends more on winning with victory points(easy domination via masses+fast ruination via extreme corruption)rather than dial advancement..he also has the longest dial of them all i think..seems legit as he is very powerful no matter what
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls