Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Underwood
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm lost. I just don't understand how this is supposed to be used. A detailed example would help. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Cameron
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say I have a stack containing 8 infantry SPs firing at range 1.

2 of the SPs in the stack are M-armed, and the remaining 6 SPs are R-armed.

M units get one shift to the right at range 1 for firing Buck 'n Ball (see the Firepower box on the chart).

But because only 2 SPs are M-armed they don't meet the threshold value required for that shift to take effect (the Threshold Value chart requires 3 SPs in a stack of 6-8 SPs).

If 3 of the 8 SPs were M-armed, the threshold would be met and the shot would qualify for one shift to the right.

Or if the stack only had 5 SPs, 2 of which were M units, the stack would get the shift.

That is just one example - the same logic applies to all shifts. You get the shift for the whole stack (which might be good or bad) if at least the threshold numbers of SPs in your stack is affected by the shift.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Underwood
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, it makes sense now. I just couldn't see it before. Thanks for the example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.