Dhiraj Pallin
Australia
Taringa
QLD
flag msg tools
I found a game coin component on the ground, and can't for the life of me figure out which game it belongs to.

Here's a pic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
STRAP IN » BURN ON » BLACK OUT
badge
HIT 'EM FROM ORBIT
mbmbmbmbmb
Runebound

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dhiraj Pallin
Australia
Taringa
QLD
flag msg tools
Hey thanks! I remember playing that many a year ago
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dhiraj wrote:
Hey thanks! I remember playing that many a year ago

There's a thriving Runebound (Second Edition) Play by Forum community if you are keen to play it online with us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Sauer
United States
Willow Street
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dhiraj wrote:
I found a game coin component on the ground, and can't for the life of me figure out which game it belongs to.

Here's a pic.

There used to be "contests" like this that were assembled by the very creative among us in the past... they were a great deal of fun, but I must wonder why we don't have any of those any longer?

The piles of bits, obscure sections of game boards or box covers, math graphs of maps used for certain titles -- they were all a great deal of fun. That's why I came here immediately upon seeing the question... and glad to see others nailed it right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
aaxiom wrote:
There used to be "contests" like this that were assembled by the very creative among us in the past... they were a great deal of fun, but I must wonder why we don't have any of those any longer?
No clue, but I couldn't help but notice that whenever such a contest is going on in one section, threads pop up all over the place asking to "identify this or that component", effectively cheating in the contest on the back of goodwill of innocent helpers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Sauer
United States
Willow Street
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
aaxiom wrote:
No clue, but I couldn't help but notice that whenever such a contest is going on in one section, threads pop up all over the place asking to "identify this or that component", effectively cheating in the contest on the back of goodwill of innocent helpers...
Hmmm... perhaps this is happening here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still, an answers an answer. If it's a correct one I'd be happy for however it came about (unless I'm offering a prize of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls