4 Posts

Airborne in my Pocket» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multiplayer rule clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Ober
msg tools
mb
Thanks so much to Mr. Aquin for designing such a well-thought-out and fun game. May I please request some multiplayer rule clarifications?

* As the CO, I direct my wife to selflessly sacrifice an arm to the bayonet-carrying infantrymen. She drops an item as a result. Does she or do I choose which one? May I pick it up?

* I have the flare gun/cartridge, and my wife is the CO. May I use it when she draws a tile in order to remove it from play, assuming we both agree to the action? Can I use it against her will? As CO, can she use my flare gun against my will?

* Red Alert has been declared, and while running, we have to drop an item. Do all players have to drop an item? Or just one? Does the CO decide who drops an item, and which item?

* If my squadmate disobeys orders and fights when I order an evasion, does she face the enemy with the +2 modifier applied (for 2 players), or does she face the encounter as she would in a single-player game (+0).

* When inhaling toxic fumes or any other +/-1 health event/tile, do all players take +/-1, or just one?

* May I use my medical kit outside of my turn (but between events)? May I use it on my squadmate?

Thanks so much for your help. We’re having a blast with the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good questions that could use some attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
msg tools
Would love to see this answered

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
knober wrote:
Thanks so much to Mr. Aquin for designing such a well-thought-out and fun game. May I please request some multiplayer rule clarifications?

* As the CO, I direct my wife to selflessly sacrifice an arm to the bayonet-carrying infantrymen. She drops an item as a result. Does she or do I choose which one? May I pick it up?

* I have the flare gun/cartridge, and my wife is the CO. May I use it when she draws a tile in order to remove it from play, assuming we both agree to the action? Can I use it against her will? As CO, can she use my flare gun against my will?

* Red Alert has been declared, and while running, we have to drop an item. Do all players have to drop an item? Or just one? Does the CO decide who drops an item, and which item?

* If my squadmate disobeys orders and fights when I order an evasion, does she face the enemy with the +2 modifier applied (for 2 players), or does she face the encounter as she would in a single-player game (+0).

* When inhaling toxic fumes or any other +/-1 health event/tile, do all players take +/-1, or just one?

* May I use my medical kit outside of my turn (but between events)? May I use it on my squadmate?

Thanks so much for your help. We’re having a blast with the game!

Hi there! This post somehow got past my radar, so here are my (late) answers:

(Note: these are old rules, that I had to re-read because the new AIYP multiplayer rules are vastly different).

* Your wife would decide which Item she drops. And yes, another player may pick it up immediately.

* Yes, you can use your Flare Gun to help the CO. The idea here is that you play cooperatively, not against each other. So players should agree when they should use it. If you guys are looking for competition, you should try one of the PvP scenarios.

* All players lose an Item of their choice.

* A player who fights alone must fight the whole encounter (counting the +2 bonus in this case).

* Normally, the CO decides which player benefits or suffers from +1/-1 Health Events. However, for an additional challenge, all players should be affected.

* MedKit: yes and yes.

Hope this helps, and very glad to hear that people still play this little game.

E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls