Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Myers
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am, as with every Carcassonne expansion, looking fForward to this! Quite a nice set of new ideas!

Kevin Graham
United States
Clackamas
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LittleMisfit and I made a different thing involving Shepherds, several years ago:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/32192/carcassonne-sheep-sh...

The implementation is quite a bit different (though not entirely dissimilar). If you wanted to do something else with your shepherds and sheep, you could do use them this way instead. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fotrich Trucks
msg tools
mbmbmb
Your fan-Expansion should be named "Shepherds and the lost sheep". For me the shepherd and his sheep in the ninth expansion seems a bit more logical and consistent to real life: A shepherd herds sheep and with more meadows he can have more sheep until he sells them - but beware of the wolves!

Probably your idea of connecting animals with followers makes more sense with hunters: There's a bag with wild animal tokens (deers, boar, fox, wolf (with negative points) etc.) Every player gets one or two hunter meeple. Every time a player places a tile with a field and does not connect the field with another field with a hunter the player has to decide either to place a hunter or to draw a wild animal token and place it on one of the field segments. When you connect your hunter to wild animals you get their points at the final scoring.

This in addition to "Sheep and hills": Place a shepherd or a hunter when placing a field without connection to a shepherd or a hunter. If not, draw a wild animal token. If expanding an existing field with shepherd draw a sheep token or score, if expanding an existing hunting field do nothing. Bu do not connect a shepherd's field with a field with wolf, you will score less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting. Scott, out of curiosity, why do you use the stylistic fF?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls