8 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: gates and monsters token. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When does both token type get discarded, instead of return to pool?

Monsters are put back to monster bowl after being defeated, and gate set aside after being closed and reshuffle when ran out.

I think I've seen a discard or put to game box on a certain condition, but I can't find it anymore.

Is there any condition for this to happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a mystery that can cause gates to be returned to the box, and there's an Ancient One that can place gates on its sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
There is a mystery that can cause gates to be returned to the box, and there's an Ancient One that can place gates on its sheet.

I see.
I only got to play 3 games using same GOO.

What about the monsters then? Any condition that they might be discarded instead of returned to the monster bowl?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I can recall.

We usually discard them just as a matter of convenience. Mixing them around in the bag every time we put one back is not worth the small chance of drawing the same monster twice. When we do draw the same monster twice, it's probably because we didn't mix them well enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Did I mention I get a Shoggoth about every third monster?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are discard effects for monsters, which returns them to the cup. Discarding a gate means you add it to the face-up discarded gates to be reshuffled.

I think I do too recall an effect that removes gate tokens to the box, though... Edit: And Cam already pointed out it was a Mystery. Yay for comprehension blush.

robwrigley wrote:
What do you use for a monster cup? Perhaps you need something that does a better job of mixing the tokens...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robwrigley wrote:

I've had one game when I seemed to spawn cultists all the time (or other easier monsters) and another game where I kept drawing the worst of the worst. I think my bag is slightly too small to mix properly though I just need to be more careful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think some may not quite understand the nature of randomness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls