Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Can't remember the circumstances that bring me to ask, but I know that it was playing Hunt for Gollum.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In this specific question the circumstances that brought up your question would be very interesting and helpful to answer it.
Nervetheless I would say Shadow Cards are "in play", but keep in mind that they are treated blank except for the shadow effect.

One possible situation in the Hunt for Gollum could be that you are engaged with "Hunters from Mordor" and are revealing a "Signs of Gollum" Clue Objective card as a shadow card. The Hunters would not profit from their special ability - gaining +2ATK for every Clue Card in play - because the Clue would only count as a shadow card; it has no shadow effect and would therefore be treated as completely blank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow cards are not in play. "In play" is defined in the rule book this way:

Quote:
“In play” refers to cards that have been played or put
into play (in a player’s play area), to cards that are
waiting in the staging area, to the currently revealed
quest card, and to encounter cards that are engaged
with that player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Tony, you are right. Thanks for the clarification.
I guess I got a little confused here because after the rulebooks definition shadow cards are not "out of play" either.
Do I miss something here or was the status of shadow cards never really be defined?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Leonce wrote:
In this specific question the circumstances that brought up your question would be very interesting and helpful to answer it.
Nervetheless I would say Shadow Cards are "in play", but keep in mind that they are treated blank except for the shadow effect.

One possible situation in the Hunt for Gollum could be that you are engaged with "Hunters from Mordor" and are revealing a "Signs of Gollum" Clue Objective card as a shadow card. The Hunters would not profit from their special ability - gaining +2ATK for every Clue Card in play - because the Clue would only count as a shadow card; it has no shadow effect and would therefore be treated as completely blank.
Yes, I believe that was actually one of the instances I had. You read my mind
I am aware of the rule book wording on this, but as was said, it makes no reference either way to them. Additionally, the Mordor card stipulates "any" clues in play.
All said, I am very happy not to have any orcs attacking me at +6, +8 or whatever extra laugh
I think there is another instance in question, if I can remember it I will post.
Cheers, and thanks for the help everybody.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls