Subject: Weyland Ronin rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I'm having far too much fun with TWIY to mess with this too much myself, but does anyone see much promise with this at all?

The idea is to combine Ronin and Punitive Counterstrike to constantly threat a flatline. It's much easier to protect Ronin in Weyland, and you only need to add a couple, using 8 inf. Power Grid Overload or Scorch can be used to burn through Plascretes, and as always, Weyland's big ice and viable agendas provide an excellent alternate win condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Here's a sample deck. Alternately, you can drop both Snares for another Ronin.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World (Core)

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (9)
Hostile Takeover (Core) x3
Priority Requisition (Core) x2
The Cleaners (Second Thoughts) x3
Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead) x1

Asset: (6)
Snare! (Core) x2 ■■
Ronin (Future Proof) x1 ■■■■
Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) x3 ■

ICE: (16)
Archer (Core) x2
Bastion (Creation and Control) x2
Caduceus (What Lies Ahead) x2
Chimera (Cyber Exodus) x2
Curtain Wall (True Colors) x1
Enigma (Core) x3
Grim (Opening Moves) x1
Ice Wall (Core) x3

Operation: (18)
Beanstalk Royalties (Core) x3
Hedge Fund (Core) x3
Oversight AI (A Study in Static) x2
Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors) x2
Restructure (Second Thoughts) x3
Scorched Earth (Core) x3
SEA Source (Core) x2 ■■

Upgrade: (0)

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 0
Jinteki: 8
NBN: 7
The Weyland Consortium: 36
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle James
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The one thing I would keep in mind while playing the deck with Ronin, is you want your opponent to be scared of Sea + Scorch(so have more $ then them), to keep your opponent from just running and trashing the ronin. You don't have the trap threat that Jinteki does with advanced cards on the table.

It's also quite a hefty influence cost for a 1 of card in your proposed list.

Best of luck with testing your deck idea out .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
My concern is that Ronin loses most of its utility after a 3-pointer is scored, as the runner is forced to run everything after that point, and it may as well be another 3-pointer to close out the game. Perhaps it's better-suited to a different archetype (GRNDL anyone?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is a neat idea, and definitely could work.

Here's a though: how about, instead of running a Scorched Earth/Counterstrike package, you just go all-in on Net Damage? This opens up a lot of deck slots, as we can cut Scorched, SEA Source, and Counterstrike.

For our all-net-damage package, we can go a couple of ways:

-2x Ronin/3x Snare, to try to hit them with a Snare and then immediately pop Ronin.
-3x Ronin/3x Junebug because it's completely reasonable to double advance and leave either of these, which protects double-advanced agendas.
-2x Ronin/3x Neural Katana/2x Chum for strong ICE defense.
-2x Ronin/3x Neural EMP To get them if they end their turn with 3 cards
-I dunno, something with Housai Grid? Woodcutter?Tsurugi? Swordsman? Wall of Thorns? Snoop?

And of course Junebugs maybe.

All this is probably not as good as the meat damage version, but I think it's worth a look if you're expecting to see a bunch of Plascretes and you can be sure nobody will know your deck in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally love it in Replicating Perfection .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Gauthier
France
flag msg tools
ranapuer wrote:

-I dunno, something with Housai Grid? Woodcutter?Tsurugi? Swordsman? Wall of Thorns? Snoop?
Tsurugi in front of R&D/HQ + Snare may very well be the end of the game.

I'm not a fan of Ronin. Maybe later with Mushin no Shin you can put 4 advancement token on it right of the bat to make the runner unable to access it without having a hand of 8 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Angell
msg tools
the card that i think is disgusting in weyland is sundew. if the runner ignores it the credits roll in. if they run it they open themselves up for SEA scorch.

not sure about ronin in weyland. i have found junebug and secretary are actually pretty good in weyland because of the 5/3s. runner often keep a full grip too vs weyland by default. ronin i think is better in HB or something where the runner is a little less conscious of hand size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Arnold
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This sounds like a sweet archetype. I think you could probably play Interns in this to get your Ronin back into a particularly expensive remote after they trash it the first time. That way the runner bleeds credits, making the SEA Source/Scorch or Punitive CS more likely.

And I also agree that Neural EMP wouldn't be out of the question here, and would be especially strong as a surprise. I've literally never seen that card splashed out of faction for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waite wrote:
I've literally never seen that card splashed out of faction for some reason.
I'm splashing 3 EMPs into a brain damage HB deck that aims to land some brain damage via Cerebral Overwriter and Fenris (surprise or powered up by Corp Troubleshooter) while scoring Efficiency Committee and overadvancing Project Vitruvius, to get to final flatline achieved by using Efficiency and Vitruvius counters to play multiple EMPs one turn. Not top level competitive, but quite fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls