Caverna: The Cave Farmers» Forums » General

Subject: Storage and Organizing Caverna rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Huck
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi All:

While I am still waiting eagerly for my first play session this weekend.
I thought I would tackle the hard part - finding the proper storage for this game and sharing it with others.

Yes - it is challenging with so many wooden pieces and tiles.

Here are the box that I ended up using:
Flambeau - 3003

Plano - 3620

The end product looks like this with the 3620 at the bottom and 3003 at the top.

I had some other smaller container (smaller fish hook holder) and also a few minibox + small boxes for the no love pumpkin and ores + rubies

Unfortunately, I still have to resolve to bags with score and weapon counter (would be nice if I find some small box for them

The box itself does not close all the way, but leave a tiny 0.5 cm gap at the bottom.

I would love to find something that fits, but at this point I just can't find any (suggestion are welcome).

Would be nice if I come across something that would fit perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Gerdts
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
Several people have posted solutions made of foamboard which organize the bits very efficiently and allow the box to close all the way. You can make them yourself, but there are also a couple people who sell them. Here's one: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/26824/caverna-foamcore.... Rob Searing also has one available, I believe, but I don't have a link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huck
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks Eric.

I saw them too but I am not very artistic / creative enough with it.
Might probably ended up with glue gun in my hair (haha)

I was debating just carry an extra Plano 3620 box as it is as the 2 of them fits everything perfectly; but then you can't even close the box with 2 x 3620.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my storage rig for Caverna:

It should be all available in Canada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huck
Canada
flag msg tools
Patox, where do you get those slim boxes and those smaller tackle boxes?

Do you know their model number?

Thanks ahead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Byrd
United States
Ocean Grove
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's mine, using foam core: My Caverna Storage Solution

I like it because the storage containers use less room on the table and it keeps the building tiles in place between games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the items:

3x Plano Stowaway 3449

Amazon CA Plano

Small Infinite Divider Box 11" x 7" x 1-7/8" h

Small Infinite Divider Box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Sayward
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byrdru wrote:
Here's mine ... it keeps the building tiles in place between games.

I love this part! (I already made the clever foamcore trays designed by Eric Gerdts.) Setting up the cavern furnishings each time takes too much time & attention. Now I'm off to the crafts store to add this bit of genius.

I'm still looking for a good weapons sorting space. Impatient expeditioners are always searching for their next great improvement number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Sayward
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of rushing off to the crafts store, I took another look at the cardboard frames that came with the game. The furnishing tiles, of course, fit perfectly into the furnishing tile spaces. And they're configured close enough together that they can be laid over the set-up boards. I cut 4 frames in half-ish with my guillotine paper cutter.

Then I set up the boards, put the frames on top, and inserted the tiles.

It's not a perfect fit and some tiles are set into spaces for twin tiles, but it seems to be quite effective. And I haven't yet tried it in the heat of repeated set-ups & clean-ups. Still, I expect it to be quite an improvement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Byrd
United States
Ocean Grove
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gameteacher wrote:

I'm still looking for a good weapons sorting space. Impatient expeditioners are always searching for their next great improvement number.

Thanks for the props, I hope it works for you.

For my weapons storage, I just use a broad, shallow space in the tray which spreads the weapons out pretty well. You can almost always find the one you want just by looking at the tray. (Try it with my picture). It only gets tough when you're seeking like the third copy of a weapon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Sayward
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a smaller space, but I divided it into 3 general categories (1-6, 7-20, 11-14). It's not perfect, but is a convenient improvement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad E
msg tools
mb
Brilliant solution! I picked up the three 3449s, and the Plano 3620 to serve as the larger box. All easily found in Toronto. Everything fits perfectly, with the cards and gold coins left in bags. Box closes fully. Thanks for posting this solution!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.