Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shelia Wright
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off... it says for crossing the Nile to use the ports represented by arrows. However the temple if the gods and another temple on the top of the map are islands but with no arrows... can you cross the river to get there or can you only teleport???

Also, the sphinx has +2 strength and a VP... I'm assuming you can own this tile along with another tile that gives you a VP since they are not exactly the same???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Temple of the Gods is only reachable via teleport, and it's a one way trip.

You can own multiple tiles that give VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karel Stastny
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KingCroc wrote:
You can own multiple tiles that give VP.

I know you probably meant it like that, but just to clarify - you can do that as long as the tiles themselves are different.
The answer to OP's question is yes, but you wouldn't be able to buy e.g. the "Victory Point" tile twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
Pomboo. Si samaki, si mnyama. Si mzee, si kijana.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KingCroc wrote:
Yes, the Temple of the Gods is only reachable via teleport, and it's a one way trip.

Not necessarily... right? some people can teleport away from obelisks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mendiola
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Againsto wrote:
KingCroc wrote:

Not necessarily... right? some people can teleport away from obelisks...

That's an exception due to the red power. In most cases, the comment is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelia Wright
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone! I'm running it at my gaming group tonight and wanted to make sure I had it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelia Wright
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok....... another questions. If all your troops have left your home base.... can you still use your 3 pyramids to buy tiles and get temporary CPA for the level 4 ones or do you need at least 1she troop there???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Smith
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shelia102881 wrote:
Ok....... another questions. If all your troops have left your home base.... can you still use your 3 pyramids to buy tiles and get temporary CPA for the level 4 ones or do you need at least 1she troop there???

You do not need troops there,you control any pyramid in your city that is unoccupied. However, if an opponent takes that district and has sole occupation they gain control of and can use that pyramid to buy tiles of it's colour, teleport from it, and even upgrade it (gaining the temp VP)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Mcfly
Canada
flag msg tools
I thought that controlling an opponents pyramid to get the benefits only applied if the pyramid is level 4?

Also, the red tile which you can teleport from an obelisk... Could you then transport straight to an opponents pyramid?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Smith
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jediskills wrote:
I thought that controlling an opponents pyramid to get the benefits only applied if the pyramid is level 4?

Also, the red tile which you can teleport from an obelisk... Could you then transport straight to an opponents pyramid?

1. No, any level pyramid. A level 4 pyramid is merely a juicier target. This is alluded to in the Tactical Advices section at the end of the rule book.

2. No, The Teleportation Red tile allows a troop to teleport from an obelisk to another obelisk. Normal Movement allows teleportation from a Pyramid to an obelisk. Nothing allows you to teleport to a Pyramid.

Hope that helps

Edit: See the Raising a Pyramid section in the rulebook ref control
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean West
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iansmithksa wrote:
1. No, any level pyramid. A level 4 pyramid is merely a juicier target.
Specifically, it's a juicier target because you also get the victory point that goes along with raising the pyramid to level 4.

However, you get the tile-buying benefits of ANY opponent's pyramid that you control, regardless of its level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls