Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Puram
United States
Wilsonville
OR
flag msg tools
Let's meet up for games and coffee!
badge
Golden... As in Oldie! I'm new to the Portland area and looking for gamers to game with and new gaming groups to join! I'm 50+ and like most games but do have a special affinity for dry, cube pushing euros!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently backing a KS campaign for Eternal Dynasty that ends in 4 days. It's an awesome looking area control game that I've heard compared somewhat as a meatier Small World. I'm so looking forward to getting a copy of the game but it's not going to be actually produced for quite some time and I'm looking for a similar game to scratch that itch in the mean time.

If anyone who knows Small World and has played Eternal Dynasty or seen gameplay videos of the game, can give me their opinion on how the 2 contrast and compare, I'd appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just watched the Ryan Metzler review, didn't look anything like small world for me, the similarity ends at area control.
Certainly looks a very good game.
If area control is your thing, definately try small world - it's a great fun game with tons of variety via expansions, also there us risk legacy or Hegemonic or eclipse or indeed terra mystica to name but a few
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Puram
United States
Wilsonville
OR
flag msg tools
Let's meet up for games and coffee!
badge
Golden... As in Oldie! I'm new to the Portland area and looking for gamers to game with and new gaming groups to join! I'm 50+ and like most games but do have a special affinity for dry, cube pushing euros!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I guess the part that seemed similar is that you are changing leaders with different powers and special abilities several times throughout the course of the game in a way somewhat similar to changing races in Small World.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls