Popular Tags: [View All]
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
Can anyone please suggest an Orc list and its general gameplay? What kind of terrain do you like to use with them? I would like to mention that I own 2 copies of the game...
Many thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MechaBri Zilla
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two.

Azhag - 33pts
River Troll - 12pts
Black Orcs - 8pts
Orc Boyz - 6pts
Orc Boyz - 6pts
Total - 32pts

Grimgor - 33pts
River Troll - 12pts
Orc Boyz - 6pts
Black Orcs - 8pts
Stone Fangz Shaman - 7pts

Command cards:
Intimidate
Inspire
Strength of Gork
Lure

This list focuses on hard hitting infantry and the ability to augment stats to turn the tables in engagements. It has a little trouble with ranged opponents, so you might want to try to pick up the cave. Also, most of your damage comes through melee, so keep that in mind. River trolls can blast anything on lucky roll and are mobile so if you miss, you can still pin and their melee skills are nothing to scoff at. You might also try trading out Strength of Gork with Eager troops to get those slow disks stuck in to combat. Don't forget that you have a +1 on the initiative roll with this list.

The second one actually comes from Ronaldo and I plan on giving it a try today or tomorrow. I'll just copy and paste what he said about it, but I think this has the potential to be a VERY good list.

Azhag
River Troll
Black Orc
Shaman
Arrer Boyz

Grimgor
River Troll
Black Orc
Shaman
Arrer Boyz

Eager Troops, Intimidate, Fists of Mork and Inspire (Empower at Bold speed).

This army should start advancing as a block but keeping a distance especially if the opponent has a large disk or Impact which they will probably have. The cave is your friend. If the opponent attacks you with one disk or two, we are golden. Having strong units, Intimidate and Magic should be enough to deal with aggressive opposing disks. Otherwise, the skill to develop is to decide when, who and with whom to strike. Azhag who has Frenzy and Fists of Mork can cause quite a dent on the opposition and may often lead the charge. Intimidate and Empower will help protect it.

This army has no Impact. If we remove Grimgor and use Grom instead, he will give us Impact what could be further enhanced if we upgrade the Black Orc to a Boar Boyz with the extra recruitment points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MechaBri Zilla
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, forgot to mention that both armies need two cores, which you have, but I want to be sure anyone reading this knows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MechaBri Zilla
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my first win with the second list.

Bare bones session report is incoming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your help and time guys