terry simms
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Having just sleeved my main game of Robinson Crusoe I thought it would be a good idea to sleeve my cards from the expansion voyage of the beagle,to my horror I found that the cards have been cut slightly to big to fit the same sleeves of the base game,has anybody else had the same problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eltel wrote:
Having just sleeved my main game of Robinson Crusoe I thought it would be a good idea to sleeve my cards from the expansion voyage of the beagle,to my horror I found that the cards have been cut slightly to big to fit the same sleeves of the base game,has anybody else had the same problem?

The expansion is released by Portal, which published the game before it was bought by Z-Man. Z-Man uses slightly smaller cards, as you've seen.

I cut the event cards from the expansion very slightly on the sides to fit them in the same sleeves. The other cards I haven't sleeved, but if you want to you can just buy bigger sleeves for them. They are not to be mixed with the cards from the original anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Graber
United States
Louisville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used a paper cutter to slightly trim the cards. This worked fine.

There were 20 event cards which get mixed in with the other event cards. On these, I used scissors to trim the corners to round on the trimmed edge. This did not take long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I resleeved the event deck, using bigger sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Otherwise no differences from the Z-man print?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.
badge
This. This is what I am. This is who I am. Come hell or high water. If I deny it, I deny everything I've ever done... Everything I've ever fought for.
mbmbmbmbmb
I used fantasy flight sleeves and sleeved my z-man base and portal expansion in the same sized sleeves. I was ultra careful though, too much force would have bent a card. No bends though. Put them under a stack of about 40 graphic novels/ collected editions and they are perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls