Subject: Coins have arrived today..... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aether Stryker
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have received the game, and not the coins yet, so I have some things:

Firstly, my coloured bags were in the same box as the game, so I think that will be the same for you.

Secondly, the game comes with a cardboard punch out arbiter token as standard. The laser-cut arbiter token actually arrived for me in a separate envelope, along with an arbiter badge and the two (I assume Kickstarter-exclusive?) extra tech cards - this wasn't so great - they got slightly bent in transport.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bella
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My coins came in the box with the game, along with the laser cut arbiter token (which was smaller/thinner than expected, but looks nice), 2 promo cards, the black embroidered bags, and the 7 colored (non-embroidered) bags. I ordered lots of extra coins, but not so many that they required separate shipment. Other than a few coins having manufacturing problems (hopefully those will be replaced), all was good with my delivery...nothing crushed/damaged. The refund check for the non-existent sleeves also came in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the USA, all things were shipped in 1 package. I think elsewhere they had to split the boxes up, which i'd have to believe they didn't think was going to be the case. Really a lot of missteps in the fulfillment of this game. I think they could definitely learn a lot from this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Dalley
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First no lapel pin or custom sleeves. You should have gotten an e-mail from Minion asking how you would like a refund for those items.

Second, the european shipping is taking place in two shipments ... one with the game and one with the coins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Marx
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:
So the coloured bags come in the box? Can anyone else confirm this and that they don't have Hegemonic embroidered on them like was advertised , and indeed what we paid for?

Do you mean the add-on embroidered bags or the stretch goal bags? The stretch goal bags are not embroidered and this is stated clearly on the Kickstarter page.

To second a previous comment, the Arbiter token add-on is much thinner than the one shown on the Kickstarter page and not really worth the $5 I spent for it. Ah well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owain B
United Kingdom
Corbridge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:
My reason for posting here is to ensure a timely and satisfactory response.

Just checking - you've emailed Minion, right? I emailed them last night and James replied within a couple of hours. That's pretty timely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, if would be preferable to let the publisher answer inquiries in private unless there is question about what should have been shipped that users can answer. Otherwise your private communication is public and flags every other user who subscribes to the game's fora.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my game last week, but not the rest of the stuff yet. So can't comment on the bags. I did receive one black and 6 colored bags with the game as was supposed to, but no embroidering. I also did order the extra bags.

And I know it's no biggie that I didn't get the cool tin foil package for my game, but I must admit I am a bit bummed about it. As it was one of the things that would've made the kickstarter game special.

So all in all, I agree with you this being a bit of a mess, but I'm just happy I got the game. Going to deal with the rest of the things once they get here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark,

Sorry for the hassles and headaches, we'll work with you to get it all straight. I feel it's best to give a company a private message to deal with issue and only post if a company is ignoring you - this is the first I've heard from you. As a small company we at least watch the forums so I saw this.

- The first issue I can see is that you ordered Hegemonic on the Future Coins campaign and you're in the EU. This is a special case of a special case and so things get screwed up - and with 3000 orders of course we're only human. On top of that I'm having to communicate with a German company to get the shipments done.

- You should have gotten a Hegemonic first, but I'm guess you never got flagged as one to be sent out since you were under the Future Coins campaign and not the Hegemonic campaign. It should have gone with the coins then but that obviously failed. So I'll notify them today that they need to get you a Hegemonic and the stretch goals.

- The bags you show that are embroidered were a $10 add on. You paid for that in Backerkit and got that. They were always meant to be black - though I do notice the purple line in the graphic does say player color - which is a cut and paste error from the original bags text (which are in player color). The player color bags are a stretch goal for the Hegemonic which while shipped with Hegemonic do not come with the retail version or "in the box". You'll get them alone with 50 more coins in your Hegemonic delivery.

- The Germans ran out of promo cards and arbitor tokens and so we ended up just having to mail some of those out from the USA. That can take 1-2 weeks, I'll double check that these are on their way to you.

- An email was sent to people who ordered Customs Sleeves and Lapel pin and a posting was made about them - the guy who promised to deliver them just ran off with the money and never did. Now again, maybe since you were under the Future Coins campaign you didn't see all the updates that happened under Hegemonic, but I tried to repeat myself as needed. But in short we allowed people to pick 5 extra bags of coins or a refund in paypal if they were not in the USA. I'll need your answer on that.

- The fact that you didn't get 2 of the basic bags with your coins is again an artifact of you being in the EU and the company there handling things. So that will also need to be in your care package from the USA.

- The EU shipper also ran out of foil boxes, and this is something we can't afford to bust games in the USA to then spend a lot of shipping to get to you. If you're really wanting the foil box we'll work with you if you're willing to work with us.

- Yes this campaign has been a mess. Dealing with 3 intertwined campaigns and 3000+ orders has been a nightmare at least and has taken over a month for us to just ship out and we still have a few to go. Hard lessons learned.

- Yes you could have gotten your Hegemonic locally for $10 more - but you would not have gotten 7 free bags, 50 free coins, 2 promo cards, a button, and more. Over $30 of free stuff. But I guess in your case the foil box is a fail. Sorry.

On the other hand, the coins turned out awesome and were sold to people at lower than a wholesale price. You paid $81 for your coins and they retail for $215. They are also heavier than most people expected and everyone is very happy with them. Yes the 2 and 5 ended up a bit too close, but for the most part they are all awesome. We also didn't make any money on this campaign as so many got lost or stolen in shipment and our costs were higher and picking everyone's orders individually took a huge amount of man hours.

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to drop another quick note saying that after all the whining I've done, I must admit that I do feel that Minion Games has done admirable job in trying to get everything sorted and try and solve any issues we've had. I can imagine this can be a logistical nightmare and I just wanted to say that I do appreciate everything James has done. And yes, the coins are pretty darn cool! Still waiting to get the rest of them, but I'm sure they'll be worth the wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
And a simple message to Minion on KS would have served the same function.

At some level, it is about respect.

Respect for the publisher to allow them a chance to handle the issue in private rather that trying to leverage public fora to force the same response they would have had anyway. Every time this has come up and a publisher's opinion solicited, they have been unanimous in expressing that they would prefer to be messaged or emailed about things like missing parts or shipping damage. Not surprisingly, James did as well, given it amounts to common courtesy.

Respect for the other users to not clutter the fora with personal issues with publishers; your comment that the campaign has had issues is already public knowledge is in fact an argument against your post adding anything to the community.

Sure, you can post this sort of thing in a public forum. We all could. What would our boards look like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:
I would like James to tell me here where my game is.
Thank you.
BGG isn't the costumer service forum.

People in the kinda "stock forum" of Swedish forum Flashback sometimes ask questions which would be best answered by the people working at the most popular online stock broker. Sure that bank have obviously decided to register on the forum and sometimes answer but if you have a question for them why not submit it through their webpage instead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RPGShop wrote:
On the other hand, the coins turned out awesome and were sold to people at lower than a wholesale price. You paid $81 for your coins and they retail for $215. They are also heavier than most people expected and everyone is very happy with them. Yes the 2 and 5 ended up a bit too close, but for the most part they are all awesome. We also didn't make any money on this campaign as so many got lost or stolen in shipment and our costs were higher and picking everyone's orders individually took a huge amount of man hours.

James
Lost or stolen in shipment from the places in the US and Germany on their way to people? Was they really stolen or people lie? (Guess that's hard to tell.)

How where they delivered? I would assume stolen packages happen very rarely here in Sweden, I've never had any problem. Earlier they often didn't ask for ID when you picked up a package if you knew the tracking id for it but nowadays they ask for it, or course for some packages you also need to write a signature.

But I guess they may go missing in the chain somewhere in between?

I know a French store simply refused to send three small games for me without insurance because so many packages got lost.

I feel your pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am with you biffta.

If you are not getting the answers you want especially in your situation, why not take whatever action you need to so you can get satisfaction. Saying it is disrespectful to post on a forum when you cant get answers is ridiculous. Where is the respect from the company that took his money? This just makes me never want to back a kickstarter ever.

If this is the kind of situation a kcikstarter puts itself in, they should be ready to reap the reward of it being talked about on the forums. And if they do an amazing job, and do it right, I am sure people will talk about that too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
artayd2
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:
So the coloured bags come in the box? Can anyone else confirm this and that they don't have Hegemonic embroidered on them like was advertised , and indeed what we paid for?

The 7 colored bags, the coins, arbiter badge (A pin? I didn't realize it was a normal pin), and unfortunately the two promo cards were loosely packed in the USPS box, nothing was damaged but all the "extra" stuff was basically jammed into the shipping container after the game box was put in. The colored bags I received do not have embroidery
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"People thumbing and patting Minion on the back and the professor who jumps in with his fora twiddle - are any of you still waiting for your game?..."

No, got mine on 02/04/14.

"...waiting on a refund cheque for stuff that you paid for and doesn't exist?, ( no refund has even been offered to me as you can see from minion post above),..."

No, as I didn't choose that option. I did receive the items in the option I choose tho.

"...told you won't be getting your kick starter exclusive foil box?.. Well unless you pay over even more money?, (this bit mentioned in pm to me)..."

No, as I live in the US.

"...seen your local game store have the game you backed in stock 2.5 months ago (and counting) ?"

Yes, as I expected.

"...lack of communication and way we as backers have been treated..."

There was absolutely no lack of communication for me (especially as I regularly read the comments section of the various KSs, where much of the info you were ignorant of was made available...) and I've been treated very well indeed.

"How can the company in Germany "run out" of kick starter boxes? - clearly someone got the figures wrong, why should I now have to pay extra?

How can the German company run out of the promo cards or buttons?... Unless someone got their figures wrong?"

James will have to address those questions (unless they're rhetorical?) but as to the added cost: probably because there is added cost involved which Minion simply can't afford to eat.

"Fan boys sat pretty with your games on the shelf (for a long time now), I bet you wouldn't be wanting everything kept hush hush if you were still waiting and waiting...."

I am a 'fan boy' and will remain such. As stated above, my game has been sitting on my shelf for about a week and half (I'd waited a year and 2 days for it to arrive, without complaint). When it arrived, I had issues. Did I come into a public forum and whine about it?

No. I went immediately to James, as any adult would.

James corrected my issues promptly and courteously. And our private business remains private, as it should.

Because of that treatment (and indeed the overall manner in which James and Minion have conducted their business), I eagerly await my next opportunity to support Minion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Biffta, there's just one thing I don't understand about this whole series of events ... how long was the delay between the time you contacted their customer service to tell them you were missing things and the time that you posted this thread?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owain B
United Kingdom
Corbridge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:
People thumbing and patting Minion on the back and the professor who jumps in with his fora twiddle...

Well, I thumbed both James' and Neil's posts, so I guess I'm one of those people...

biffta wrote:
...are any of you still waiting for your game?

Yes.

biffta wrote:
waiting on a refund cheque for stuff that you paid for and doesn't exist?

Got my PayPal refund yesterday for the laser-cut Arbiter token they've run out of.

biffta wrote:
told you won't be getting your kick starter exclusive foil box? Well unless you pay over even more money?

Given that my game's being sent from Germany now-ish, I'm guessing I won't be getting a foil box.

biffta wrote:
seen your local game store have the game you backed in stock 2.5 months ago (and counting) ?

Yes.

biffta wrote:
I DON'T THINK SO.

I'm just not particularly bothered by the Hegemonic situation. Yeah, it's a big mess, but... meh. Stuff goes wrong. And having previously been in retail and customer service, I agree when people say it's best and most courteous to first contact a company directly in the event of a problem. Hence the thumbs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A kickstarter supporter not getting their game well before a store is garbage. They have to do better than that. No one can say it is ok they dont have theirs 2.5 months after retail with a straight face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
A kickstarter supporter not getting their game well before a store is garbage. They have to do better than that. No one can say it is ok they dont have theirs 2.5 months after retail with a straight face.

The people that waited until 2.5 months after retail weren't willing to either:
1. pay the shipping to have the game shipped early, or
2. wait until the custom pieces that the store doesn't get are finished.

This was announced in a Kickstarter update, which all backers should have gotten by email.

So anyone who didn't get it until late was given a choice of getting it earlier but paying another shipping charge for the second package at a quite reasonable price. If that is the complaint, it is sour grapes - they had their chance!

Also, all the troubles Minion Games encountered in producing and shipping the game and coins was covered in details in the many kickstarter updates (including the shipper sending all the bags to Germany rather than just some). These troubles are typical of any large production - they are just concealed because most large productions don't tell everyone the problems they encountered.

Another thing to remember is that it often takes less time to get many copies to many stores than a relative few copies to individuals - bulk shipping is optimized for moving large quantities of goods to distributors who have a lot of experience in getting those goods into stores quickly. To get copies to individual buyers requires significantly more time per copy, and often each buyer's order is different enough that each has to be handled separately.

I personally chose to wait, even though I had already paid 2 shipping charges (I ordered enough coins in addition to the games to require 2 shipping charges.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then they should have had all this EXTRA stuff ready to go when the game was released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"You genuinely expected to receive the game 2.5 months AFTER you could of purchased it from a local game store?"

As I recall, it became obvious fairly early on that retail copies of Hegemonic would be available long before the KS versions, through no fault of Minion.

"As for all the other stuff, you freely admit it didn't apply to you - so no comparison really ."

I answered the questions you posed, which were specifically aimed at people like me, ie "People thumbing and patting Minion on the back...".

As I noted, the information you were ignorant of was easily available, even if the emails sent to you didn't arrive.

And the comparison between how you chose to handle your situation and how I chose to handle my situation still stands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sokadr wrote:
"You genuinely expected to receive the game 2.5 months AFTER you could of purchased it from a local game store?"

As I recall, it became obvious fairly early on that retail copies of Hegemonic would be available long before the KS versions, through no fault of Minion.

"As for all the other stuff, you freely admit it didn't apply to you - so no comparison really ."

I answered the questions you posed, which were specifically aimed at people like me, ie "People thumbing and patting Minion on the back...".

As I noted, the information you were ignorant of was easily available, even if the emails sent to you didn't arrive.

And the comparison between how you chose to handle your situation and how I chose to handle my situation still stands.

What is the acceptable threshold on getting it then?
Within 2 years?
4 months?
What?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"No one can say it is ok they dont have theirs 2.5 months after retail with a straight face."

Got Skype?

Just kidding. I no longer have access to a platform which will support Skype; however, I'd have no problem telling you that with a straight face.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"What is the acceptable threshold on getting it then?"

However long it took, obviously. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.