Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
Here a sample of new designed command cards, which will be used in the next Vassal module update (and maybe in any future real expansion, if there is one anytime)

A lot of thanks to Chris "Caroper", which makes this design possible

The symbols indicated with red arrows, shows the units, which can additonal ordered "On the move" (like in MM44 Breakthrough), if you want play with these rules

To all confidently Battlecry players, join our new BC Support Website

http://ccbattlecry.net/

and share all your ideas (rules, Scenarios, variant Scenarios) with us there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Very nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Roper
South Africa
Hout Bay
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards that Micheal posted above are examples of the new set that I created. They are subject to proofreading at the moment, (I am not the worlds best typist and they have a lot of text) and I am also making finishing touches to the layout so they may change slightly before final release, but as the cat is out of the bag I thought a short explanation of the evolution would be relevant.

I have just updated the "Call for Reinforcements" Card and decided to use that to show the evolution of the Card Deck.

This is how it looks in the current version of the VASSAL module:

My first change was to Straighten them up and add a border. I also retyped the text to try and make it more legible:

After a bit of research I worked out the Fonts used on the Original Cards and so, armed with the correct fonts and better Image versions, I set out to recreate the cards from scratch in high resolution.

Whilst trying to get the text such that it resembled the printed cards in the game, but still be legible when reduced to the size needed in VASSAL, I switched the text color to Black on a Gray background as opposed to Gray on an Ivory Background. I then retyped all the text but retained the same Font and Formatting as the Original cards.

From there I made two additional versions.
First for VASSAL:

and then a slightly higher res version for use on http://ccbattlecry.net as that is for reference and the higher res is more legible:

Then as a final modification I replaced references to die symbols with Images of the die face where possible, added the correct perspective to the numbers overlaying the Sections on the graphics and finally added the "On the Move" Icon to those cards that can use it.

For final comparison here is a view of one of the Card Masters that all the other resolutions are created from:

The result is what you will see on http://ccbattlecry.net/ and the next release of the VASSAL Module.

It was a long, but fun, project and I hope it improves your enjoyment of the Game and VASSAL. Now its back to updating that Tile set for the Scenarios.

Cheers
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge