Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » General

Subject: Character Help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Treebeard
United States
DFW Area
Texas
flag msg tools
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Below are my two characters for solo play. I have just completed adventure pack 1 and now get to pick a card feat. I am not sure what the best option is for my characters right now, so I am posting to get others impute on what card type I should pick and based on that what cards I should keep. Thanks in advance.

Valeros
Strength +2
Hand Size 5
Weapons (5)
• Icy Longspear +1
• Dogslicer +1
• Deathbane Light Crossbow +1
• Flaming Mace +1
• Bastard Sword +1
• Warhammer +1
• Greatsword
Armor (3)
• Half-Plate
• Elven Chain Shirt
• Shield of Fire Resistance
• Magic Half-Plate
Items (2)
• Spyglass
• Birdcruncher Crown
Ally (2)
• Night Watch
• Sheriff Hemlock
Blessings (3)
• Blessing of the gods (2)
• Blessing of Erastil
• Blessing of Grum

Lini
Strength +1
Wisdom +1
Reveal an animal for 1d4+1
Weapons (0)
• Longsword
Spells (6)
• Strength
• Detect Magic
• Augury
• Cure (2)
• Find Traps
Items (2)
• Sihedron Medallion
• Amulet of Might Fist
• Token of Remembrance
Ally (3)
• Crow
• Saber-toothed Tiger
• Toad
• Sage
Blessings (4)
• Blessing of Shelyn (2)
• Blessing of Pharasma
• Blessing of Desna

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you say solo, do you mean you play each character separately or that you, one person, play both together as a group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
just give em a go

you got through part 1, just pick something and go
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding Lini, I'd go for an extra Ally - with 3 animal allies & the Amulet Of Mighty Fists she can reliably roll a good few d4, especially in the company of Valeros. More smaller dice give a more predictable, higher, average roll than fewer bigger dice with around the same maximum. We've now passed through the Hook Mountain campaign & Lini hasn't even used a weapon so far! Get her a 4th animal ally ASAP though, that amulet can hide in her deck for far too long! I don't remember what the Token of Remembrance does... ... but I'd keep both amulets as she has no armour.

If you do give her a weapon, have Valeros pass her over a magic one though - maybe the Mace - so she could have a magical attack without needing to use a spell. He's got spares...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Howell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Lini I easily recommend taking an Ally card feat, and filling it with an Animal as soon as possible (she'll have to put up with the Sage in the meantime though). Lini thrives on Animal Allies and the sooner you draw a second one, the sooner you can play one of them for its ability (for which you can probably recharge it).

Valeros is less obvious, but for similar reasons you could take a Weapon card feat, enabling you to recharge weapons more often. Plus you have a good selection of weapons worth keeping there (my Valeros just got rid of his last Mace, halfway through AP2).

Alternatively, these two are a bit short on Blessings between them so another Blessing for Valeros would be a viable option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Howell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
I don't remember what the Token of Remembrance does...
You bury it to return a spell from your discard pile to your deck (shuffled in or recharged... I forget too whistle).

With Lini getting +1d4+1 on her recharge checks from revealing an Animal, and with one or two Cure spells, I wouldn't bother with the Token (also, Toad has the same ability... and is an Animal).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kratz
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nefrubyr wrote:
Wulf Corbett wrote:
I don't remember what the Token of Remembrance does...
You bury it to return a spell from your discard pile to your deck (shuffled in or recharged... I forget too whistle).

To your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
I don't remember what the Token of Remembrance does... ...

There was a thread in here somewhere that addressed that, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Enden
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mike selinker wrote:
Wulf Corbett wrote:
I don't remember what the Token of Remembrance does... ...

There was a thread in here somewhere that addressed that, I think.

What?! Who are you? What is this place?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cresswell
United Kingdom
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Valeros I would take an ally or blessing as we found he can struggle to get those extra explores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Marcos (San Diego)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went a different way for Lini. I gave her a weapon card feat (ended up being Icy Longspear +1). I figured she's guaranteed to always have an ally, and while she may not always draw the weapon, when it does come up it's super useful. But then, I don't have Valeros in the party to give her a spare weapon at the start.

But I also echo Dr. Who, don't worry about it too much. This game isn't so difficult that a non-optimal build will screw you down the road.

On a side note: Wow, you sure found a lot of good weapons only going thru AP1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
DFW Area
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Birdcruncher Crown Promo Card searching a pile for the first weapon, armor or item really helps with that... and Goblins are very common in Adventure Deck One.

Edit: I got the promo card the first time I closed to the general store so I had it all the way through the adventure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Montgomery
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archr wrote:
On a side note: Wow, you sure found a lot of good weapons only going thru AP1.
That was my first thought. I didn't find that many +1 weapons across 3 play throughs to the end of Burnt Offerings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smart

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had all of those weapons plus a few others in every group I've had through AP1. Though that is impressive with only 2 characters as my parties have always been 3-6 characters so I've had many more chances at them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls