Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Solo player that don't play solo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played another game yesterday and I still found out why this game is in my Top 5! This is such an amazing game to play that just feels right in all aspects.

I came across two questions during our game and here it is:

1- If you start your turn on the Galactic Base, can you purchase all the stuff available? Can you Upgrade your pilot to level 2, buy a second Mission and buy the available Reward cards if you have the founds for all that?

2- When you start your turn on a City or Spaceport, can you upgrade your Shield/Cargo/Lasers more than once or are you limitied to only once for those things?

Thanks you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell InGA
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buying comes after Moving.

1- If you end your movement at the Galactic Base you can do all the stuff that you listed. (If you start there and then forgo movement, you have ended your movement at the Galactic Base.)

2-

Spaceports (always) allow unlimited buys / unlimited sells.

The turn that you arrive at a City you are limited to one buy and one sell. If you remain there for your next turn you have unlimited buys and unlimited sells.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rules_heretic wrote:
Buying comes after Moving.

1- If you end your movement at the Galactic Base you can do all the stuff that you listed. (If you start there and then forgo movement, you have ended your movement at the Galactic Base.)

2-

The turn that you arrive at a City you are limited to one buy and one sell. If you remain there for your next turn you have unlimited buys and unlimited sells.

1- Yeah that I know I was just questionning if you could upgrade your pilot AND buy a second mission AND buy a reward card if you started your turn on the Galactic Base. I think it's ok to do this but just wanted to be sure.

2- I also know about 1buy/1sell when you land but if you start on a city I was not sure if you could buy multiple Laser upgrades for instance...like go from 2 to 6 and buying 3 goods if you have the funds. Looks like you can and that's how we played it, just wanted to be sure

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rules_heretic wrote:

I don't like that rule, doesn't thematically to the space sci-fi.
I would rather have 3 buys / sells.
If skip your movement phase while in spaceport/city, you have unlimited buys/sells.

Thematically, When trying to land the Planet, you spend hours to travel agaisnt the gravity. In spaceport, you spend 1 hour to make docking procedures.

Yet, it will reduce a little the downtiming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell InGA
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BGFreakDag2PT wrote:
rules_heretic wrote:

I don't like that rule, doesn't thematically to the space sci-fi.
I would rather have 3 buys / sells.
If skip your movement phase while in spaceport/city, you have unlimited buys/sells.

Thematically, When trying to land the Planet, you spend hours to travel agaisnt the gravity. In spaceport, you spend 1 hour to make docking procedures.

Yet, it will reduce a little the downtiming.

The rule increases the incentive to build spaceports.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jure Forstnerič
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this just for the original game or do spaceports allow unlimited buys/sells in the (new) standard game as well? I can't find this in the rule book for the standard game but I might just house-rule it, sounds like it makes spaceports much more useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
psicek wrote:
Is this just for the original game or do spaceports allow unlimited buys/sells in the (new) standard game as well? I can't find this in the rule book for the standard game but I might just house-rule it, sounds like it makes spaceports much more useful.
In the two second edition games Spaceports are handled differently between the Classic and Standard versions. I don't know how this compares to the Original game.

In Standard, all Spaceports (Merchant and Neutral) allow unlimited buy/sell.

In Classic, Merchant and Open Spaceports behave the same as in Standard, but Neutral Spaceports behave like Planets.

In both Standard and Classic, Merchant Spaceports confer a commission to the Owner (though the calculation of the commission differs).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls