Adrien
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that there are a lot of discussions about how to store the game, and I think I found one really easy to do, using the insert. Unfortunately, it won't work for people who have more than devastation. I live in France, and the shipping costs prevented me to buy more than devastation.

The basic idea is to cut five of the six cards slots (one for each flight) this way (I used regular scissors) :

Then, you put each flight in one card slot, and use the lasting slot for the remaining cards. As a beginner, I sorted them by lessons (using the lesson cards as separations). This way, I have all I need for the base game easy to pick up (the character cards, tokens, and stand-up are in his cards insert, and the base cards are on the top of the deck, just underneath the "lesson 1" card). You also put the remaining tokens in the middle :

Add the remaining parts of the game on top of that (discs and bosses stand-ups) :

And then, you just have to add the board and the rules on top of that. You're done !

You should know that the board is resting on the top of the cards inserts, so even if you begin and want to discover the game bit by bit, it would be a good idea to have all the flights stored this way to avoid having too much weight on the first flight's cards inserts.

edit : the "insert geek image" option just left blank spaces. I had to post them as external images.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this today. Thx for the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad you found it useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can really fit all of Enderbyt's kit in a folder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I did. Character stand-up included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Spencer
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mb
Got my game today, looked at all the components and pondered how I would get it all in and the lid on. After trying a couple options I settled on this one.

Will at least cutting out the little sides so that the character sleeves could fit. However, instead of putting the full kit in each sleeve I just put in the cards. There was still room in each insert pool to put the tokens for each corresponding Flight in a baggie behind the 6 chars for that flight. I found this kept the chars and tokens together without having to try to squeeze too much stuff in a tiny little paper sleeve which in some cases already was starting to come apart at the seems.

Overall though, this solution worked great for me only having the base devastation game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ritch Lizarraga
Brazil
Campinas
SP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the idea. I'm making something like it, but:
- didn't cut the insert. I just forced the folder to fit, like the designer (Brad) intended and suggested on a video (can't find it now).
- I used the character folders to hold stands and tokens only; the cards standing right in front of the respective folder (as some deck-building games boxes, i.e. Nightfall and Resident Evil). I changed because I feel the cards are safer out of the folder.
I hope it helps.

P.S. I'm still working on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.