Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Horn
United States
Coeur d Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Greetings - This game looks very interesting. I am wondering what mechanisms are in place that would change the way the AI attacks you from game to game. I see from the description that "random opponent selections and attack directions makes each game a unique experience". But I only see only 4 "enemy cards" listed in the game inventory. But perhaps an enemy card isn't what I think it is.

I'd love more information on how match 1 of campaign 1 and match 1 of campaign 2, 3 and so on could be a totally different experience. Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Albricht
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, next week the second part of the rulebook will be translated into English, there are many informations about this mechanism.

Of course, it isn't "totally different", but there are many variables.

Regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Horn
United States
Coeur d Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Mateusz! "Totally different" was a stretch and not really expected. But I certainly look forward to what variables are there. Good luck on your KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Albricht
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After the rulebook is available (http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/100660/the-convicted-ruleb...), you can check all solutions about this aspect of the game.

Generally:
In each round you draw one type of invaders.
Invaders have different amount of attacking units, different characteristics, different level of tactics (showing how dangerous and thought out attacks are) and level of morale (showing how fiercely they can attack).

Main assault directions are chosen randomly, or (at your opponents with a higher level tactics) main direction is the weakest section fortification.

During each campaign, players can select one of three difficulty levels for each type of opponent. For example: Barbarians can be on easy level, Forest Men on medium level and the rest of the factions on the hard level. This Allows for a great deal of fexibility in setting the difficulty level for the campaign as a whole.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls