Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
hero gamer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Poll
My game uses a 10x10 grid for the main board. There are 5 of them, each representing a unique dungeon level. Tokens and minis are placed and moved around quite a bit during game play. I'm trying to decide the best material to use. Thanks!
Neoprene: 1/4" (Mousepad) material,(a bit pricier) could be rolled up
Laminated Board: Thick lamination, great durability, great detail
Chipboard: Thick Chipboard, double-sided...
      31 answers
Poll created by herogamer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hero gamer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Very surprising results so far! I appreciate all the votes so far. I got my answer pretty quick and for a moment I thought chipboard will pull 100%!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hero gamer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just had an idea that may or may not affect the poll results... Please read!

Each Dungeon is 10x10 and has a corresponding sheet that details the contents and features of the dungeon like traps, monster stats, etc.
- With the Chipboard option (original plan) the sheet would be a laminated sheet used in conjunction with the board.
- With the Laminated Board, I could combine the two. The Dungeon sheet would be printed adjacent to the dungeon room on one sheet (11x17)...
With the laminated option, I could provide a "blank" board, where the players could make up their own dungeon and contents using either a sharpie or dry-erase...

Just an idea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bentley
msg tools
mbmbmb
While I did not vote for it, the Neoprene was an interesting option. I was dissuaded because you're probably not going to be able to get good quality artwork on it (think about your average mousepad art. Matte and bleh) and if you're rolling it, you're probably going to see damage to the edges after a couple uses.

That being said, the thought of a tile that will naturally grip the table, and won't be a bitch to get tokens off did pique my interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio D
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is any example of another neoprene board? I find it interesting but maybe it is not neccessary to reinvent the wheel. What do you gain with the possibility of roll it up and what do you lose by using that material (printing quality and overall quality perception)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls