Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Fryer
United States
Woodstock
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am preparing for my first game, but cannot find a rule referencing the neutral tribes. What effect do they have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The PDF of the rules is useful and recommended for that kind of question; search "neutral" or "tribe" to find their various effects.

E.g. they block PC marker supply (19.4).

You can't avoid battle or withdraw from battle into a neutral tribe space (13.2, 16.3).

They can be subjugated (20.0).

They cause losses in retreat.

Attrition (21.1)

Maybe other details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Fryer
United States
Woodstock
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
While neutral tribes are usually unimportant, they occasionally take on great significance. For example, in one game of mine, my opponent subdued the Araceli to create a good launching point for an invasion of Spain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ketchum
United States
New Castle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If these neutral tribes are coming into play in any way at all, one of the players is doing something very, very wrong. If you're subduing a neutral tribe, either you've already won and are just prolonging the game, or you're about to suffer a loss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
stout_rugger wrote:
If these neutral tribes are coming into play in any way at all, one of the players is doing something very, very wrong. If you're subduing a neutral tribe, either you've already won and are just prolonging the game, or you're about to suffer a loss.

There are cases where they're useful. It's unreasonable to say that they should never be important. I think in the cast majority of games they should be unimportant, but there's no reason to talk in absolutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.