Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Fantastic art.

Damn I love a company that understands aesthetics are an important component to a good board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:
Love them!

Love the judiciously minimal use of color palette -- speaks volumes for this game's vision.

Fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GREAT art!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a little thing that worries me about the crisis cards. They all seem to be the same in terms of requirements. Basically if you don't have what it requires and won't get it in time, you'll fail. This may feel thoroughly random and you sort of need everything at all times. So basically you need to gather whatever is lowest in your group to increase the odds of success. Some games show you the next event that will come up next turn, but maybe this makes the game too easy.

While the good thing is that you get to reveal crisis card before players take their turns (so I guess you get to at least try and get what you need), you'll only have one turn to get done with the crisis.

Then again that may be thematic. It may just feel like a minigame each round.

But the artwork is great. Part of me wishes that they had done the whole game in black-and-white, with minimal use of color in between. That would have possibly made it visually look like a true cold epic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each location has it's own deck, and each deck has specific things that are in it. This information is conveyed nicely through the locations.

If the Crisis required medicine, then you can go to the Hospital, where it is the most common thing to find, or the grocery store, where it is slightly less common.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon
msg tools
The cards look amazing. Is there more variety to the crisis cards than what we're seeing or are all of them "place x item here?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Vandertol
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you, now remain in my love. You did not choose me, but I chose you, and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit, fruit that will last. -- Jesus Christ
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't understand the text. Pill = number of non-exiled players. So lets say 4.

So it reads: "Optional: Add 2 additional 4 cards to gain 1 morale for preventing the crisis."

Say what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mirrordude wrote:
So it reads: "Optional: Add 2 additional 4 cards to gain 1 morale for preventing the crisis."

Say what?

If you can't gather the 4 pill cards by the end of the turn, the FAIL bit comes into play. As in you FAILED to overcome the crisis. If you do gather the 4 pill cards, you sidestep the FAIL bit. If you gather 6 pills, you both sidestep the FAIL bit and gain a morale for doin a real good job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Snertz
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mirrordude wrote:

I don't understand the text. Pill = number of non-exiled players. So lets say 4.

Say what?
The '=' is slightly confusing I guess. The pill symbol must mean a medicine resource so the first line maybe should read something like "Play a [pill] for each non-exiled played".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Vandertol
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you, now remain in my love. You did not choose me, but I chose you, and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit, fruit that will last. -- Jesus Christ
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, makes sense now. But why use tricksy false algebra when just stating it plainly is easier?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mirrordude wrote:
Yes, makes sense now. But why use tricksy false algebra when just stating it plainly is easier?
less characters to convey an idea = cheaper (print costs) and easier.

I had no problems interpreting the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
mirrordude wrote:
less characters to convey an idea = cheaper (print costs) and easier.

Yes, I agree. It was very clear on the first read. OP, you're just reading into it too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:

Me neither.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Dauch
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need a number of cards with a pill symbol equal to the number of non-exiled players currently in the game. The rule book explains the card and once it is understood it is easy to remember based on the information included on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive never preordered a game before but this one sounds very interesting. Any chance of having an early feature on Rodneys Watch it Played channel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
screamingtruth wrote:
You need a number of cards with a pill symbol equal to the number of non-exiled players currently in the game. The rule book explains the card and once it is understood it is easy to remember based on the information included on the card.

Colby, are there going to be any more previews?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
Ive never preordered a game before but this one sounds very interesting. Any chance of having an early feature on Rodneys Watch it Played channel?

Well, Rodney did say in his FAQ video the other day that since Colby was the first publisher to show appreciation for his show by sending him a game, he would clear his schedule to try out a game for his series.

There would be two major roadblocks. First of all, since there's no traitor in the 2-player variant of the game, he would need Andrea to play and she's super busy. Secondly, some of the stuff in the game might be a little too mature for Luke, so he'd likely either need to remove the cards marked as mature or do a rules only segment.

at about 10:55
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a simple video that was done for City of Remnants. That would be enough to see what its like. I guess if the game is going to be released around may it wont happen till late april
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Vandertol
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
screamingtruth wrote:

OK, this card was the first thing I'd seen about the game at all. The artwork is awesome, I just think the card is difficult to understand by itself, but if it's part of a system and not just a one-off thing for the card, it shouldn't be a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny S
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
Blades in the Dark by John Harper - twitter.com/john_harper
badge
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -CS Lewis
mbmbmbmb
Honestly, I'm super-excited for this game, but most of all because I can't wait for inevitable review that re-caps Walking Dead episodes using Dead of Winter cards. I can't wait, should be awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls