United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all.

If any of you are coming to Con of the North in Minneapolis this weekend, come join a play session of 7 Wonders: Empires on Saturday at 16:00 (4pm). The location will be Board Room 1-02.

I (the creator) will be hosting the game, and would love the chance to meet you.

I'll also have a full-convention table called "Unfinished Business Games", where I and two friends will be demoing our original prototype games for the very first time. Be sure to stop by and request to play "Mirror Tactics", which is my original game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yancheng Xiao
msg tools
Record the demoing as a video and post it please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Political Hack
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Very much enjoyed playing this expansion at CotN this weekend! Well-run, and nicely explained. It's a fun addition, and it's a good thing I don't personally own the game or I'd probably be ordering a copy from print & play right now!

I really enjoyed the "Free City of Jerusalem" addition; once I wrapped my brain around how it worked it really became an interesting and fun addition. Really liked the new Wonders as well, as well as the concept of Aggression.

Thanks for running it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Eaton
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was great to have you! Today's game was nice and low-key. You're the guy who pulled off a 98-pointer with Athens Side B, right? That's one of the most amazing victories I've ever seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Political Hack
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BleuVII wrote:
It was great to have you! Today's game was nice and low-key. You're the guy who pulled off a 98-pointer with Athens Side B, right? That's one of the most amazing victories I've ever seen.

Yep, that was me. Card flow (and strong play by Tom) put me in a hole in game 1, but things came together nicely in game 2 (with a little good fortune)! Athens side B is pretty nifty and would be a popular choice in our group because of the options available with card combos in the set collection. (Original Recipe Rome is always a favorite with us, because win or lose everyone always seems to have fun playing a big pile of leaders and trying to make the combos fit together)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Eaton
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone reading, "Political Hack" had the game of a lifetime, getting the exact right cards he needed throughout the game. He got 22 points from the Athens Wonder, which would normally net the player a -4 to -6 in victory (thus balancing the wonder), but he played diplomacy cards at the exact right time and focused on getting great Jerusalem combos. It was a piece of artistry to watch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls