6 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: psychographics question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonny G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be playing this card wrong. I was listening to a terminal 7 podcast and I heard one of the hosts say that they dont have to pay credits as many as tags.

Here is an example they gave. They have 8 tags from a midseasons and psychographics is played. They only paid 4 credits to play psycho and got 4 advance.

I thought you always had to pay for as many tags as they had and pretty much overadvancing everything.

Am I wrong on this rule. Can someone clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:

X is equal to or less than the number of tags the Runner has.

Place X advancement tokens on a card that can be advanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Picker
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only have to pay the credits (X) for the number of advancement tokens you want to place on the assets/agenda. The only issue is X can't be greater than the total number of tags on runner. In your example you could pay 8 credit and over advance a Project Ares with 8 advancement tokens and wipe the Runner board or a Project Beale for 7 and score a 4 agenda pt Beale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW, in all the times I have played this card why for the love of god did I never see that text. OHH BEWARE RUNNERS YOU WILL MEET YOUR DEMISE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Cain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gawbo005 wrote:
WOW, in all the times I have played this card why for the love of god did I never see that text. OHH BEWARE RUNNERS YOU WILL MEET YOUR DEMISE.

This is just amazing. Great reaction. I would love to play against you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Espinosa
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yea you can use Psychographics on a card like Character Assasination if you want and just use it to score that out of hand for only 4 credits. I saw my friend do something really cool with it.

One turn he installs and advances a card twice. Passes to the runner. Runner doesn't run that server. Next turn after his mandatory draw he says "let me score this Breaking News real quick." Which obviously gives the runner 2 tags. Then he installs a card 1st click. Advances it on his 2nd click. At this point I was super confused. But on his third click he plays Psychographics which lets him put 2 advancement tokens on that card and scores his first Astroscript. Now the Astroscript Train begins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls