Carnival Zombie» Forums » Rules

Subject: Exploit on the dropping of corps rule rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Lam
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
According to the rule, you will get 1 stress for having any corp drop off from the grave tile. Even multiple corps drop off, you still only limit to 1 stress penalty. This rule could be exploited and possibly making the penalty of the drop off rule meaningless.

Normally, the corps are piled up on the third night. The player could choose to kill a zombie in a cave where the group is not intended to travel to. After killing that zombie, the player could intentionally throw the cube hardly to the pile of corps (or even accidentally shake the grave to make all the pile of corps drop off from the tile), the player will got 1 stress and those zombies will come back on the ring 3. However, since they are on ring 3, the revived zombies only got 1 move in the 4th night which they could not attack refuge in the 4th night. Therefore, except for the 1 stress, it really has no harm to the player group.And the grave tile is basically cleaned. And any subsequent drop off will be easy and not likely to fall off from the tile. By exploiting the drop off rule like this will make the penalty of the drop off rule not important anymore.

I think the rule should add something to prohibit this...

What is your view?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb

Throwing a cube is not going to have a significant impact on the pile, so you aren't really making it easier for anyone else.

If you are intentionally shaking the pile to make it easier you are cheating and I'm not playing with you.

Most importantly - intentionally splashing the pile is still a worse outcome then not letting any zombies fall the entire night, which is very possible to do and should always be the goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Keller
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
This is a case of deciding the "spirit of the game" for yourself. From my perspective it's in the spirit of the game to actively try to prevent bodies from spilling over. From the perspective of someone else there's wiggle room to introduce a tactical decision.

But, like has been basically said about other games in one fashion or another: There's nothing in the rules that say that I can't pull your chair from beneath you and kick you in the nuts while you're lying on the ground. Most players can figure out for themselves that this isn't in the spirit of the game of Candy Land. But, some groups might think that adding such a tactical decision may liven the game up.

To each their own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norm R

Ohio
msg tools
When a zombie would fall off the pile, I would draw from the nightmare deck to see where each one would reenter. Which would also stop this because it could enter on your escape route meaning it could damage you as you try to leave. I'm not sure if this is the actual rule, but it makes a lot of sense and prevents play like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls