Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Egypt and Engineering rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
I was wondering about this rule :

Egypt ability (to build a building for 0 hammer as a City action) cannot be combined with Engineering.

I think it's obvious that you cannot build 2 free buildings as a City action with Engineering.
But can you build one of the 2 buildings for 0 hammer and use the normal production value of the City to build another building (or even something else) ?

I don't think it was clearly mentionned in the rule. I'm even wondering if the rule was only made to forbid the 2 free buildings in a single action.

What do you guys think ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No you cannot. Using Engineering to build two things, and then getting one of those things for free means you are combining their ability with Engineering. And you can't do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ca$h
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
No you cannot. Using Engineering to build two things, and then getting one of those things for free means you are combining their ability with Engineering. And you can't do that.

I would have to agree

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
Thx. Just wanted a confirmation ^^.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
DieZwei wrote:
mhh just to make sure...

is the free builing the same action as Building with hamers? so could i build a Building 4 free and the, with Monarchy, build again normally spending hammers?

cause i read the ability like, thats a uniquie City action, because its not stated, that is acually a building action, just a City action....

btw... i am quite surpised about all the isuues with egypt

It still is considered as a production action, so you cannot produce again with Monarchy, but can only devote, harvest, or start a BP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.