Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: I want to build a piece pack set. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pnpgamer me
msg tools
I want to build a piece pack set. I'm snowed in, so, no going and getting something else to build it with. I have 5 choices.

Which do you like?

1. Slightly less than 2" square mat finish porcelain tiles. Both sides are smooth, so they are useable to make double-sided tiles. I have lots of Elmer's glue and glue sticks, not sure if I have anything else to use, I don't have any labels. The files are printed out on 24-pound paper.

2. 1 3/8" X 1 1/2" wood tiles. No way of cutting them. They are what they are.

3. 3/16" thick foam core board, a square, steel ruler and heavy-duty exacto knife and extra blades.

4. Lots and lots of poster board. Easy enough to glue a couple of layers together.

5. Good old fashioned shipping carton cardboard.

or, forget it and go build Jekyll and Hyde
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having never played with Piecepack, I am unsure whether the dimensions of the wood tiles would be problematic or not. Just to be safe, I would go with layers of poster stock, possibly with a layer of the corrugated cardboard carton in between.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melody
Canada
Madeira Park
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
I have no willpower :)
badge
(.ㅅ.) The meaning of life is tuna >'.'<
mbmbmbmbmb
Foamcore is easy to cut but it's very lightweight & can easily be bumped, same with using cardboard but they are nice & thick. The poster board will make a nice portable set. Of the choices since you can't cut the wood I'd like with the poster board best IMO. I made mine with plexi glass for the weight & thickness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ajoy
Ecuador
Quito
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poster board.

Thumb up
 tip