Subject: Quick questions from a new player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just got the game and setting up a test game to learn the rules so here goes

1.do the environment cards stay in play and stack?..f ex villainous weaponry if i have 2 in play does that mean the villian adds 2 damages plus what ever other cards are i. Play?..

2.can the heroes choose their own targets or do they need to kill the minions/devices first?

Thank you..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, environment cards stay in play. Heroes can choose their own targets, with the proviso that if a card says a "second" target, the targets have to be different targets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Schexnayder
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
1. Yes, they stay in play unless they say otherwise or until something removes them.

2. You can target based on the rules of your damage. For example, if you can do 2 damage to any non hero target, you can hit the main villain, any minion/device/etc or any environment target; essentially, anything with HP that isnt a hero target. Note, that any target damage can be used to target heroes (there are some situations that this is beneficial)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So a 2 hero battle with haka and visionary is a baaaad idea then hehe..thank you the game just got alot harder..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmb
At minimum the rule requires you to play with 3 heroes. Some of the more experienced players have house rules for playing with just two heroes against a villian, but as the rules are written 3 is the minimum.

LA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Rugolo
msg tools
One of the more frequently missed rules is that the game is not designed for 2 characters. Two players can play, but it is advised that one or both players control two characters each (for a total of 3-4 characters). The game can break with just two characters, especially the "H" mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls