United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does nuHelo start off in AQ?

Thematically speaking... I guess there may have been something I missed from the show?

Gameplay-wise, I presume this is so he's less better when XO-ed, as he can't get an extra action in space otherwise (and starting off in AQ is about as useless as most start locations go, save for coming back as nuHelo and now establishing a need to use AQ right away and/or twice and something else... extreme case, but someone uses CC to give him a card before he draws them at start of his turn)?

Ditto with Cultar being in AQ

Lee in AQ also the same thing... starting on C1 gives him a slight edge in Qcards, but Hangar Deck would've slightly nudged him to go out into space. Instead, he's on neutral ground.

I agree with someone else that Simon and Doral should've been swapped... thematically, Doral was a press guy in the Human Fleet, whereas Simon was doing medial research and experiment of sorts on human test subjects on Caprica. Doral's more inclined then Simon (although he'd benefit better from it too) to infiltrate ASAP due to his ability, but unlike the situation in just Pegasus, only 2 of the old CL had MOVEMENT abilities, and with the new Treachery cards, the one type from Pegasus with MOVEMENT effect is also not available anymore, so things are really only affected if a State Of Emergency was played.

Last but not least, it seems there was still some complaints how Cottle is still a pretty good character (I don't agree, as his OPG is relatively lackluster, his special still has a one move delay in getting him cards, and costs a valuable action, and his weakness is still a tactical disadvantage despite workarounds and being able to use non-action cards)? Either way, him starting off in Sickbay would've been nice gameplay-wise to quell any voice on that, but also fit well thematically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
It's like everyone in Daybreak starts in AQ, so you can XO new Baltar first turn and have him steal 2 Miracles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
It's like everyone in Daybreak starts in AQ, so you can XO new Baltar first turn and have him steal 2 Miracles.
That can't be a coincidence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All three Pegasus CLs have Movement abilities - Cavil's is his OPG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Star Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Keep busy to keep happy.
badge
If you have fun, then even if you lose you still win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
him starting off in Sickbay would've been nice gameplay-wise to quell any voice on that, but also fit well thematically.

Starting a character in sickbay would be quite unfair, dont you think? Only drawing 1 card first round.

And cottle is a terrible character. One of the worst OPG's out of all of them, (actually it's probably is actually the worst) and still with quite a bad weakness, considering he draws 2 engineering each turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
All three Pegasus CLs have Movement abilities - Cavil's is his OPG.
True that. But it's still irrelevant towards start locations and getting a jump start on turns.

Starfox4 wrote:
Quote:
him starting off in Sickbay would've been nice gameplay-wise to quell any voice on that, but also fit well thematically.

Starting a character in sickbay would be quite unfair, dont you think? Only drawing 1 card first round.

And cottle is a terrible character. One of the worst OPG's out of all of them, (actually it's probably is actually the worst) and still with quite a bad weakness, considering he draws 2 engineering each turn.
[sigh], just relaying what I keep hearing on these forums, although it seems people have been getting plays of him in to notice that he's not that great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allison Macrae
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Daybreak thematically expands the Admiral's Quarters to represent people's quarters in general, since the most logical start locations for family man Helo are his quarters, and CultBaltar his cult quarters. Lee could certainly have started on Colonial One, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls