Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Florian Flumontanus
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello Everybody,
As you might have seen in the Subjectline I got some maybe silly easy questions but I just can't find it in the rulebook. I am also new to this ge- not bg in general - and i would like to have some help on these:

1) what's the order of bidding for the gods?! I know that in the first round, they get randomly setup but afterwards??

2) On a 2 Player: is it like you just have one turn for both gods and the bidding is just to find out who starts, or is it like you start e.g. with Ares then the Opp with Zeus then you again with Athena and then last he again with Apollo?

3) With the Hades troops: can you also use normal toops, if they contain at least one undead unit?

4) Is it correct, that in every turn the player who bids first on Apollo gets one Cornu-toke or however they're called in english ?

THANKS!!!

5) Can you HAVE more then 2 Priests? Because in the german rulebook it's wrotten for the Zeus-card that you just can have max 2 Priests...or does it mean, you can just BUY 2 Priests per turn if you got Zeus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego Garcia
Mexico
toluca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) the order for bidding is in reverse, so the player who bids for apolo is the first one bidding in the next round.

2) I've never played with just two players, so i don't know. Sorry blush

3) Yes

4) Yes, it is correct

5) you can have any number of priests, but you can't buy more than one when you are zeus, so it's one for free and another for 4 coins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Burns
United States
Mantua
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. After taking your turn the column is returned to the bid order from 5 to 1. So player with the first god in bidding will be the last player to bid next turn and who ever takes Apollo is the fist player to bid next turn.

2. Turns are completed in god order.

3. Yes. To attack with hade's troops they must contain at least one undead troop but can contain both living and undead troops.

4. Yes only the first player to bid on Apollo gets the cornucopia token but all players get the coin for that turn.

5. You can have more than two priest. The most priest you can buy in a single turn is two (one for free and one for four gold).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Flumontanus
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great! Thanks for the quick anwsers! now i can finally conquer the cyclades devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black fang
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
that is what I dont understand. If the person that bid on apollo always gets to bid first in the next round then that person can always bid on apollo again. in a 2 player game that his a problem because he is getting a cornicopia every turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Burns
United States
Mantua
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coffmansrus wrote:
that is what I dont understand. If the person that bid on apollo always gets to bid first in the next round then that person can always bid on apollo again. in a 2 player game that his a problem because he is getting a cornicopia every turn.

You could do this but there are two other rules that help to balance it so people don't do it. Apollo can never buy creatures. Bidding on Apollo doesn't directly provide any means of winning the game.

In a two player game (or any number of players) if you take Apollo immediately every turn, you are guaranteeing that your opponent gets a god for only 1 coin. Having a lot of money is good but mostly for up-bidding because most gods (Except Zeus) suffer from diminishing returns and you don't need a lot of money to hit those returns. For instance, Athena for 6 gold you have bought everything she provides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.