Subject: Demo in Seattle on 4/5 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reposting this from the Update #33 message in case people missed it:

Shadows of Brimstone in the Wild

As I mentioned at the top of this update, we're very excited to announce the first public appearances of the game! Next month, Flying Frog Productions will be showing the game at our booth at the 2014 GAMA Trade Show in Las Vegas! If you're at the show, be sure to come by and say hello. Just two weeks later, we are celebrating International Tabletop Day 2014 by giving fans their first chance to play the game in Seattle, WA! The Flying Frog team will be out at Card Kingdom in Seattle from 2:30-7:30PM on Saturday, April 5th, running game demos of Shadows of Brimstone and our exciting new Deck-Building Game, Dark Gothic! If you are in the area, be sure to mark your calendars and come join us!

Thanks,

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mbmb
If any lucky BGGers are able to attend, I would happily pay geekgold for photos, session reports, rules descriptions (!), and any other snippets of info you might provide!

Seattle's just too far from me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wann
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see any info fellow BGGers would be able to provide after the display.

Seattle is just a little bit too far away for me too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am still hashing it out with my wife, but the expectation is that we will head up there (from Portland, OR) for the weekend and attend. If so, I'll try to get as much info as I can for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaret Morgan
United States
West Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
If any lucky BGGers are able to attend, I would happily pay geekgold for photos, session reports, rules descriptions (!), and any other snippets of info you might provide!

Seattle's just too far from me!

I'm with Matt...I will also offer Geek Gold. Especially RULES!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Dunks
United States
Providence Forge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact, it would only seem fair of Flying Frog to post the provisional RULES and maybe even STAT CARDS here at BGG and/or on their Kickstarter page as an update, for all the loyal Kickstarter backers who are financing this outing, but who cannot attend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I'm more thinking Derek should roll up in a tuxedo all Bond-style, and surreptitiously take out a small camera to capture close up photos of all rules and stats cards, so that these data may be transferred to us on microfiche when we all meet up at his lair in the crater of an extinct volcano. I'll bring the white fluffy cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Schwarz
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
Support Fridays for Future!
badge
maybe on the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one....
mbmbmbmbmb
...ah, secret lair in extinct volcano is just a bit too far for me, maybe someone could post photos of that, too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Neva Kee wrote:
...ah, secret lair in extinct volcano is just a bit too far for me, maybe someone could post photos of that, too

Never say never, you only live once (er...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
I'm more thinking Derek should roll up in a tuxedo all Bond-style, and surreptitiously take out a small camera to capture close up photos of all rules and stats cards, so that these data may be transferred to us on microfiche when we all meet up at his lair in the crater of an extinct volcano. I'll bring the white fluffy cat.

Shouldn't be more appropriate if Derek went as James West or even Artemus Gordon?
Let us meet at Ulisses train.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:

Small camera? Microfiche? That's way old school.

I'm more in favor of a micro-camera disguised as a freckle, and a resulting nano-chip to transfer the data.

Gotta have the cool toys!

Note: I do still like the evil lair being in the extinct volcano!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Notsteve Notlawton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Seattle... Hot diggity, that's were I live! If I am able to attend I will post some rules and reviews from Seattle with love, so long as you don't mind the descriptions being from the perspective of a novice (though if you're like me you'll never be satisfied, as the world is not enough) Also, I would like to say that I won't be posting any pictures if I do post stuff, as the test models are for your eyes only. I'm sure with the hype this game is getting reviews will be everything or nothing, so hopefully the game will amaze the living daylights out of me! If it doesn't... well, I'll make sure her majesty's secret service will here about it, as unlike me they have a liscense to kill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Murray
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Seattle and will be taking my DSLR with me to this event. I'm really excited to see how the game plays and how nice the components (Even if still "prototype") look.

I will happily provide a session report/pictures/rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrohno wrote:
I live in Seattle and will be taking my DSLR with me to this event. I'm really excited to see how the game plays and how nice the components (Even if still "prototype") look.

I will happily provide a session report/pictures/rules.

Godspeed, my friend. May the pictures be plenty!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Miller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto. We look forward to the pictures and report, Jarrod. But more importantly, have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Murray
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty excited to be there for the first public demo, I'm probably going to show up pretty early to ensure that I can get in on the first game.

I'm considering doing a time-lapse of a play through. My camera will only record video 10 minutes at a time, so I'm limited with video recording, although I could potentially wear my Go-Pro....

What would you guys want?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Ideally a copy of the draft rules, but I suspect that might not be possible for you to get!

If you have the stamina, maybe a "pre-release" review with details about gameplay? Stuff we haven't seen yet, like set up and end game (e.g., leveling up, playing around in the town, random stuff/encounters that take place on the way to and from the mines) Take notes!

Photos of cards and/or minis we haven't seen yet would be cool. I don't think we've seen the hungry dead up close (did I miss those GAMA photos?)

Wearing your go pro would be so extreme it could get out of hand. I just got off a virgin America flight, and after an hour of go pro videos strapped to bikes, parachutes, birds, lions and lunatic adrenalin junkies, a boardgame might just put me over the edge!

But really, most anything that includes photos and some of the rules we don't yet know about would be most excellent!

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
1565, St Elmo's Pay - October 2019 Kickstarter
badge
1565, St Elmo's Pay - October 2019 Kickstarter
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrohno wrote:
I'm pretty excited to be there for the first public demo, I'm probably going to show up pretty early to ensure that I can get in on the first game.

I'm considering doing a time-lapse of a play through. My camera will only record video 10 minutes at a time, so I'm limited with video recording, although I could potentially wear my Go-Pro....

What would you guys want?

Go Pro the lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love it if you can ask them a question on the mini's as there is now growing speculation.

How much assembly will there be for the mini's? Will they come ready to go ala Descent? Or will they have to be plucked from sprues, sanded and glued to bases like WH40k? or something in-between?

Some have assumed all pre-assembled, some have assumed there will be work.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Notsteve Notlawton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I'm going and I'll post stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Murray
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Around 100 images are being uploaded right now. Hope you guys enjoy. Don't have time to write up a report just yet, but a few of the other BBG guys who were there and played have already done that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Murray
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1151757/play-session-photos-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls