Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm writing a set of variant rules to set C&C in a different universe. Part of my variant will require some different dice symbols.

On the C&CN dice, there is a 1 in 3 chance of rolling an Infantry symbol, and a 1 in 6 chance each of rolling a Cavalry symbol or an Artillery symbol.

I recognize that having separate faces for the Cavalry and the Artillery makes it easier to interpret. However, if I changed the Cavalry face to have both a Cavalry and Artillery symbol, and wrote the word "MISS" on the Artillery face, would this have the same effect? I know this sounds like a stupid question, but I was wondering if I am missing anything subtle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Grrr
mbmbmbmbmb
That would work. You could also put a cav/art symbol with one of the inf symbols and have another spare side for another use....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BrentS
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're using the same deck this would skew/negatively impact your chances of a beneficial result with the Rally and √Član cards.

Brent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goshublue wrote:
If you're using the same deck this would skew/negatively impact your chances of a beneficial result with the Rally and √Član cards.

Brent.

Got it. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls