Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Side 'b' of the 3rd scenario card reads:

Quote:
Siege. (Characters use their [Defense] instead of [Willpower] when questing.)

Characters use their [Willpower] instead of [Attack] when attacking enemies. If an enemy would be damaged this way, place progress tokens on it instead of damage tokens. When an enemy has progress equal to its hit points, add it to the victory display and place those progress tokens on the quest.

If the players defeat this stage, they have won the game.

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/lotr/lord-of-the-rings-c...

Enemies that had already sustained damage would have damage tokens. New damage appears as progress tokens so I'm assuming that these enemies are effectively healed of all damage. Is that how people have been playing this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Onkes
Germany
Norden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, you could still ninja-Gandalf them or use other direct damage effects. Only "Combat" damage would place progress tokens.
Note that damage-token-killed enemies go to the discard pile and not to the victory pile

Edit: Typos (there will be still some left for sure...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fuller
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've sort of played this way. Lets say a 4HP enemy is sitting there, and you gandalf them, you could still kill the enemy, but it wouldnt be added to Victory Display, and no Progress would be placed on quest. If they have 4 HP and 1 damage, in order to trigger adding them to Victory and placing progress, you would need to do 4 HP worth of Progress on them, so that damage becomes worthless other than direct damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks both for pointing out that only combat damage is placed as progress, not all damage, so killing them with damage tokens is still possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls