Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Section 3.3.2 of the second edition of the rulebook.

"C. CO Staff Impulse (if not activated)
Give one command to each CO Staff you did not activate in the
preceding segment. Expend the command (4.2.) or save it as in
the command Impulses during the Activation Segment."

Section 4.1.1 of the second edition of the rulebook.

"Initiative Segment
If not activated during the Activation Segment, the CO HQ, PLT
HQ and CO Staff have an Impulse in the Initiative Segment. Draw
an Action Card. The number in the star icon (beneath the helmet
icon) is the number of available commands. This number may be
modified by the conditions in 4.1.3. Expend the commands (plus
any saved commands) on any friendly subordinate units in play and
in communication."

Isn't this two statement partialy contradictory?

The way I read 4.1.1 is that the CO Staff draws for initiative commands, which contradicts 3.3.2 that says that the XO and 1st Sarge receive only one command.

I am playing with just one command, but I wanted to point out this contradictions for the third edition!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Transgender pride | Unconditional love, pride, and support | LGBTQ Ally | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
There does appear to be.

Staff (the XO and CO Sgt) can be Activated by the CO HQ unit in the 3.3.1 phase and receive the usual draw (helmeted/larger number) for their number of commands (with modifiers). If these two guys were not activated by the CO in that phase they only get a single (one) command during the 3.3.2 Initiative phase. As you say, that is section 3.

But you are correct, 4.1.1 contradicts it.

The most recent Example of Play PDF by Ben/GMT though states the first one is the correct interpretation in the impulse phase description, saying: "Neither the CO XO nor CO 1st Sgt were Activated so they both receive 1 command and choose to not do anything this turn so save their 1 command."

That's the one I play as well. 1 command if not Activated. But, definitely another thing that needs to be corrected in the next version of the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Appears to clearly be a typo.

Hopefully stuff like this will be cleaned up - which just serves to further confuse players in an already confusing rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Thanks for your comments. I feel as a player my duty to try to find this errors, mistakes, etc. and point them out so the 3rd edition is as good as it gets!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacock
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. The Turn Sequence Summary on the last page of the Rules also states 1 command for the CO staff if they were not activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls