Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
His card says "if this unit has 4 or more focus tokens on it, sacrifice it."

How do you use this action to your benefit? Is it just the sacrifice ability in relation to other cards like Executor? Seems like a lot to give up for a 3 resource unit. What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see this as a positive reaction, but one that can be forced upon you by the other player using Tactics icons to focus you out.

The upside is, once removed, you could play another copy of Bib.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
KY
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a positive, it's a negative. Thus why it's forced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok. Well I didn't even notice that it's not an action. So it's really a forced reaction once he has 4 tokens. Well that stinks. It's not like it's even all that great a card without that reaction.

I just saw in another post that this card was referred to as underrated. No details were given and I was wondering what I was missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Papenfuss
United States
Star
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Your results are back: it's negative"......um, is that a bad thing?
mbmbmbmbmb
T o m m y wrote:
Ok. Well I didn't even notice that it's not an action. So it's really a forced reaction once he has 4 tokens. Well that stinks. It's not like it's even all that great a card without that reaction.

I just saw in another post that this card was referred to as underrated. No details were given and I was wondering what I was missing.

Yeah, I would like to hear the reasons why some would consider this unit "underrated" too. While it does have three health, provides a number of resources and gives you two force icons, but with just an edge dependent tactics and a cost of three, in the end I think he is average at best.

The pod he comes in, though, 'Feeding the Pit', is quite nice as it contains a solid wienie with Gamorrean Guard, a nice heavy with Krayt Dragon, and a fun little event in Spice visions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mpappy wrote:
T o m m y wrote:

Yeah, I would like to hear the reasons why some would consider this unit "underrated" too. While it does have three health, provides a number of resources and gives you two force icons, but with just an edge dependent tactics and a cost of three, in the end I think he is average at best.

The pod he comes in, though, 'Feeding the Pit', is quite nice as it contains a solid wienie with Gamorrean Guard, a nice heavy with Krayt Dragon, and a fun little event in Spice visions.
Best guess would be the three resources. I can't remember the exact headcount, but there's only three or four non-objective 3 resource cards in the game. And, Bib might be the only one that appears outside of the Hoth Cycle (I honestly can't remember.)

That said, I'd rather have Outer Rim Space Pirates if I'm playing S&V, but, for someone who's only picked up Core and EoD, they might not know about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Kimball
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mpappy wrote:
While it does have three health, provides a number of resources and gives you two force icons, but with just an edge dependent tactics and a cost of three, in the end I think he is average at best.

I think this is exactly why some people value him highly: versatility. He can sit on the force if you need, he can defend and tactics if you need, or he can just help you pump out units.

He's definitely not a power card in my opinion but he's also a card I'm rarely disappointed to see in my hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lloyd
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
you can use him in a sith deck with executor for his trigger is the only thing i see
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
commonenemy wrote:
you can use him in a sith deck with executor for his trigger is the only thing i see
I wouldn't. If I'm going to splash another affiliation with the Executor, I'd go with Navy, simply because they have access to so many other high resource cards. Scum... you're looking at, what, Bib and Outer Rim Space Pirates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CD Harris
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T o m m y wrote:

He helped me win a Store Championship. He's mainly a resource ramp, but I have gotten use from his tactics from time to time. I'm rarely unhappy to see the second copy since he's a solid edge card. I try to only put two on him myself when I use his resources, but that's mainly so I can get him back sooner (the threat of those resources being available is sometimes as good as actually using them). If I need 3 to get Executor in play, I'll do it. Having paid to put him into play many, many times, I have never (apparently only) once (I'm told) had to sac him because he got a 4th token on him.

So, yeah, he might be underrated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amuk wrote:
Having paid to put him into play many, many times, I have never once had to sac him because he got a 4th token on him.

thats totally not true ::cough cough::

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CD Harris
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
Amuk wrote:
Having paid to put him into play many, many times, I have never once had to sac him because he got a 4th token on him.

You think you did that to me? If so, I don't remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amuk wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
Amuk wrote:

You think you did that to me? If so, I don't remember.

Yeah I have. I do agree it's probably overlooked. But if I see someone put 2 or 3 resources on it. Good bet I'm gonna find a way to zap it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls